Synthetic stock 10/22???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gutshot

Single-Sixer
First off Merry CHRISTMAS to all!

I want to put a sling on my synthetic stock 10/22. They have no swivel studs from the factory.
What type of swivel stud screws are suppose to be used?
Same as wood or something special?

Thank you for your help

Jeff

Enigma

Hunter
Wood screws would pull right out, I do believe - unless you epoxied them in place. For the forearm, I'd want a machine screw with a backing nut. Not sure what would work for the buttstock. After Christmas, call Brownells Tech Assistance line and discuss it with them. I'm sure they can sort it out for you.

depends on just where in front you want to locate it, if needed, recess ( hollow out) with a dremel tool or some such, and use two screw sets from Uncle Mikes, (wood screw thread for the rear) and the machine screw for the front, you can Loctite, use a 'lock washer' or sometimes we will even "stake" the end of the screw and the nut.......never had one come off yet 8)
There a few makers of fiber stocks for the 10/22 and each is a little different on their "molding" or hollowed out portions............may use cut ( narrowed) down fender washers as support.....
the applications are endless.........( and yes, if the mold is solid, the wood screw thread will work as long as you do NOT make the pilot hole too big...)

Happy (and safe) New Year :wink: