OM Micro sight spring

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KLNC

Single-Sixer
Seems a dumb question, but maybe not if I don't know the answer.

The elevation spring in my OM Flattop Micro sight is very weak, and I need a replacement. Is the spring the same as the Ruger rear sight spring commonly available at Midway and other places, or is it a unique spring that has to be sourced elsewhere? And if the latter, what is a source?

Thanks in advance for advice.

contender

Ruger Guru
I don't have my parts bin in front of me to check but I THINK they may be the same. Or at least close enough to get one to try.
And if not,, a WTB ad in the classifieds may get you one.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
KLNC said:
Seems a dumb question, but maybe not if I don't know the answer.

The elevation spring in my OM Flattop Micro sight is very weak, and I need a replacement. Is the spring the same as the Ruger rear sight spring commonly available at Midway and other places, or is it a unique spring that has to be sourced elsewhere? And if the latter, what is a source?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Unfortunately, all those older sight parts are no longer available from Ruger. And, it's a waste of time looking to Numrich as most all of the usable Ruger parts they originally bought from Ruger have been gobbled up.
The original Micro-Sight Ruger rear sights used "two" elevation springs that are much smaller than the Ruger rear sights single spring. If Micro-Sight is still a viable business, you might take the chance on contacting those folks. Otherwise, contact me and I can go through my array of Wolff Springs and most likely get you what you need.

2BjMYHTl.jpg

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Cholo said:
Why not just stretch the springs you have a bit?

If the spring wire has lost its "temper", which is why they no longer respond to the adjustment screw, those springs will just collapse once again. I did check on Micro-site, so you might want to check here www.micro-sight.com to ask about springs.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
KLNC,

If you only have one spring, that's the problem.

Both the OM Micro sights with either round or straight front edge, and the NM Micro sights with rd front edge use two springs. One in front of the elevation screw and one behind it.

Just call Ruger and they'll send you two or three new springs for free.

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well i am also running into this problem with the spring and sight screw....i was able thru Jack First to find the rear sight springs....they did have a few left i m told...God Bless,John