i tried it and it worked

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Looking over my new Lipsey's Flattop 44 Spl. I noticed the typical lack of attention to fit and finish as is expected these days. The grips don't cover much of the grip frame, the ejector housing doesn't fit flush to the main frame; I figured I could fix those eventually. Then I noticed that the hammer pin was sticking out on the right side and somewhat sunken-in on the left side. So, I took a chance and reversed it (yup, I switched the longer screw to the opposite side too), and now it fits perfectly. Sometimes I do get lucky.
J.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I remembered from a previous post that the pin could be reversed as long as the long screw was also put in the opposite hole; what I wasn't sure of was would the length be such that going in one way might make it stick out a bit more on one side. In this case it did; one of these days I'm going to try and switch the pin on one of my other NM guns and see if one side protrudes a bit more than the other. I'm guessing that it will... New Models are new to me, I resisted buying one until this year.... for my simple mind, they are much more complex, internally, than the OM's.