Bisley hammer/trigger in OM Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

salover

Single-Sixer
I'm sure this has been covered before but what is involved in installing the Bisley hammer/trigger in the old model Blackhawk?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
If I understand, you just want to add a Bisley hammer and trigger to an OM BH with the standard OM grip frame.

1. You'll need a Bisley hammer made for the OM by Power Customs:
http://powercustom.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=1118

But since it's made to be used with a Bisley grip frame, it needs the hump ground down to fit the standard plow-handle grip frame, by scribing the hump on your factory hammer onto the Bisley. Then gringing off and polishing.

2. You'll need a Clements OM adapted Bisley trigger. This wide trigger will require the OM trigger slot widened unless you use an OM Super BH grip frame or Old Army steel grip frame, blue or stainless steel. The shelf on the back of the trigger will have to be ground off to work with the OM trigger return spring.

___________________________Clements adapter triggers are the center two_________________________
OM trigger__________________standard____&____Bisley w/over travel stop__________________NM Bisley

large.jpg

They are $65. http://www.clementscustomguns.com/

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Robb Barnes said:
Powers actually now offers s bisley spurred hammer for old model Rugers with the regular grip frame. They just do not come with the hammer plunger and spring.

Hi Robb,

I know they do for the new model, but have not found it on their website for the OM. Do you have a link to it?

Thank you,

salover

Single-Sixer
Thanks, Hondo. If I do proceed I'm sure I'll have more questions. I'm kicking the idea around right now. It's about the last thing I can think of to do to it. It's the old model converted to 44 Spec/44-40 with a ported Pacnor 5 1/2 in barrel, case hardened by Turnbull's, currently being engraved and sports Sambar Stags. I was having problems with the 44-40 cylinder not cycling with ammo, hanging up in the firing position and I believe it was you that told me the case heads of the Spec and 44-40 were .005 different. I sent the cylinder to Bowen and had it corrected. You and this forum are a world of info and guys like me appreciate the sharing of your knowledge. Thank you.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Robb Barnes said:
Here you go sir.
http://powercustom.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=1118

Thanks Robb!

That's the same hammer I linked to. It shows a Bisley hammer with a hump for a Bisley grip, but maybe it's just the wrong photo.

Although if it is shaped for a standard plow handle grip frame, that would mean PC doesn't make an OM Bisley hammer for use with a Bisley grip installed on an old model, because there's no other Bisley hammer listed for an OM.

Have you used one of these before?

Thanks again,

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I sent Power Custom this message:

Gentlemen:

The hammer below on your site for an OM Ruger single action shows a Bisley hammer with a large hump for use with a Bisley grip frame. Is that correct, or is the hump trimmed to work with the standard OM plow handle grip frame?

Thanks very much,
Jim Carter

RSA Old Model 3 Screw Hammer
$140.00
Ruger Single Action Bisley 3 Screw Hammer in the White. If you want it Blued you will need to blue it. Also, the Spring and Plunger are sold separtly. Replaces your 3 Screw Hammer to a Bisley Style with a lower hammer spur to aid in cocking the hammer back.

Model: PC-3SH
Manufactured by: Power Custom

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Just heard back from PC. That was speedy!

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 11:50 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: OM Bisley hammer

"Yes, it has the bigger hump on it for the Bisley Grip Frame. If it is too big you can file the inside of the grip frame to make it work if it is too big. Thanks, Randall Power http://www.powercustom.com Ph# 1-573-372-5684"