FYI Ruger is accepting my Old Army for repair!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Called Ruger about fitting a new hammer to my old army (previous owner filed on it removing the free spin catch) and they said send it in. They have parts!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Bravo! You have great timing.

They resumed limited production of Old Armies just recently.

By "free spin catch" you must mean the loading/half cock notch on the hammer.

If so, the notch was probably busted off and cleaned up with a file. You've probably had it apart if you know it was filed on. They may just send you a new replacement hammer if you ask. No fitting required. And less hassle for you.

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Hondo44 said:
Bravo! You have great timing.

By "free spin catch" you must mean the loading/half cock notch on the hammer.

If so, the notch was probably busted off and cleaned up with a file. You've probably had it apart if you know it was filed on. They may just send you a new replacement hammer if you ask. No fitting required. And less hassle for you.

Correct the half cock notch has been filed on. I asked to buy a replacement hammer but the lady said it had to be factory fit.
I seen the new ones listed through lipseys so I figured now was the time to get a hammer since I've been unsuccessful finding one myself :)

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
tulsamal said:

Whoah, how did I not hear this? I've wanted one for years but the increasing prices of used ones kept me away.

Any bad news about the new ones? Numbers, prices, etc?

http://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=Ruger&&model=Old+Army+Blackpowder

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Received my Old Army back from Ruger. Gotta love the service! They put in a new hammer, trigger, and new nipples! Was pleasantly surprised to see they included a nice new Ruger silicone cloth! Was also surprised that they returned the damaged parts in a little bag. Top notch service! Btw all at no charge!!

Latest posts