Ruger service & parts.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
While replacing the trigger & hammer springs in my GP100, I was moving along nicely, when I accidently removed the Pawl from the trigger group. Of course the instructions tell you to pay close attention to this part, as when it is removed the pawl plunger and spring are free to rocket across the area in wild directions at super sonic speed !! But I thought ;
Nah, that won't happen to me !!! Now my pawl plunger & spring are possibly somewhere in some alternate universe !!??

I'm just posting this to say, I called Ruger Service today to order the parts, & the lady on the other end says they will be in the mail Monday ! I asked "How much", & she replied "No Charge" !!! You can't help but like dealing with a company like that !!! I love it !!!

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
A garage door helped me find a spring from a S&W that rocketed off once just by hearing it hit the metal door and looking down on the floor. :D

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
eric conrad said:
This happens a lot :) Best to assemble/disassemble in a Large zip lock bag. A little grease may help.
Ruger always comes to our rescue.
Eric

That is a great idea !!! I'll try that when I get the new parts ! I thank you kind sir !!

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
For future consideration buy a magnetic dish from Harbor Freight and disassemble the gun over it. Has saved me a LOT of time searching for flying parts.

woodsy

Blackhawk
That dish idea is excellent. Listed for four bucks. Can't wait till I get to my local HF. Just got to keep charge cards away from it.
Thanks, Xrayist

Enigma

Hunter
woodsy said:
That dish idea is excellent. Listed for four bucks. Can't wait till I get to my local HF. Just got to keep charge cards away from it.
Thanks, Xrayist

A 1-gallon zip-lock bag will serve the same purpose. Simply disassemble the gun inside the bag.

Latest posts