Mini 14 Hogue stock forearm liner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loiblb

Single-Sixer
The Mini 14 581 I was offered looked complete so I bought it.
After I got it home took it apart to clean it. The Hogue OverMolded Series Rifle Stock fitted to the gun dose not have the forearm liner in it.
I assume the gun cannot be expected to shoot well without this forearm liner, but it still shoots.
I looked on Hogue's web sight and I think it should have a forearm liner but not sure. Anyone know if there more then one style/type of this liner one for wood and another for synthetic?

DGW1949

Hunter
The aftermarket Houge's that I've seen did not come with a liner, the buyer was expected to use his old one...which BTW, often did not fit correctly unless a bit of the stock was cut/relieved.
I have no idea whether that applies to the Houge stock which Ruger sells or not...or even if Ruger still sells 'em.

As for your "one for wood and another for synthetic?" question, the parts manuals which I have indicate that same part number is used for both. Do bear in mind though, that the Houge is dimensionally different than Ruger's "regular" synthetic stock...hence the "some fitting may be required" which I mentioned.

Hope this helped.

DGW

loiblb

Single-Sixer
The forearm liner I ordered from Midway USA came in. The blue steel part fit with no fitting needed. The loose fitting stock now has no slack in it. Maybe, just maybe I can now shoot better groups at 50 yards. Buying a used gun is not immune from being Bubbaized