Single six potential buy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

awsomepossum

Bearcat
Hello,

There is a NM single six for sale that has a problem. When the hammer is down. the cylinder will spin freely to the right. When the hammer is cocked, everything lines up but again the cylinder will spin to the right. I am thinking that the cylinder stop is messed up or its spring. the ruger is very beat up. Does this sound like a easy fix? The timing seems good but the cylinder moves.

awsomepossum,

I am in no way an expert, but, without looking at it, it sounds like the cylinder stop is not functioning correctly.
Whether it be full of grime or someone has messed with it. Or the cylinder notches are beat to death from someone spinning the cylinder
and shut the loading gate as the cylinder is spinning.

Me personally, if the price was right, I would buy it
and completely disassemble her and clean it up checking all internal parts. Replacing parts is fairly easy on them.

"This revolver is in rough rough shape"

I'm a bit different in this case. If the price is right (really cheap) I would buy it as a project gun. Disassemble, replace worn parts, refinish (or not), etc. and then decide if I want to keep as a shooter or sell it to buy another project gun. I do this a lot with the Six series guns that have not been maintained correctly and I can get them at a great price because I like refurbishing old beaters, be they DA's or SA's.

awsomepossum

Bearcat
They are asking 185 for it and it has a 9.5 inch barrel. Quite some rust.new model. I'm thinking about it quite hard.