Single Seven hammer questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JR5

Bearcat
Will a Bearcat hammer be a drop in fit on a Single Seven frame and trigger assembly? The gunsmith who converted the original grip frame to a Bisley retained the original hammer and trigger. I am thinking I might prefer a hammer with less "thumb reach". Any advice or suggestions?

NikA

Buckeye
S7 is a Single Six-sized gun. As far as I can tell, Bearcat parts will be much too small. Parts that fit a Single Six, should fit a Single Seven (with the possible exception of the hand).

JR5

Bearcat
Second question will a Super Blackhawk hammer fit? I can see the logic where the Bearcat hammer may not work.

G2

Hunter
The least thumb reach of all the hammers is the Bisley.
Sounds like you converted the entire gun to Bisley??? (Grip frame, Hammer & Trigger)
If so and you want to go back to the XR3-RED/ plow handle Grip frame,
One can remove the "Bisley hump" on the hammer,
A std. Trigger is a easy find.

In the REAR Bisley Hammer,
MIDDLE; Bisley hump removed, with just a little left to fit flush with the grip frame ears.
FRONT; Standard Hammer.
P1010010-6.jpg

A SUPER Single Six Hammer can be constructed, $$$ :wink:
412954240.jpg

Old Model SUPER Hammer :shock: :shock:

JR5

Bearcat
Thanx G2 good info. The gunsmith misunderstood my request and swapped the grip frame only. So i will eventually swap out the hammer which will be the Bisley. Its the easiest way to go. Thanks again.

G2

Hunter
JR5 said:
Thanx G2 good info. The gunsmith misunderstood my request and swapped the grip frame only. So i will eventually swap out the hammer which will be the Bisley. Its the easiest way to go. Thanks again.

If your going to leave the Bisley Gripframe get a Bisley trigger too. :D

medicdave

Blackhawk
Not a thing wrong with a standard trigger with a Bisley frame. In the heavier calibers I suffer from Bisley bite and replace the Bisley trigger with a standard trigger. Looks different, but no more bite. In the interest of muscle memory, the smaller guns acquire one as well.

Latest posts