seeking mount for Mk II 22 auto

Help Support Ruger Forum:

m657

Buckeye
don't want to drill holes in pistol;

can't find link to the 'grip frame mount' that goes up left side to offer support above the slide;

tips/links appreciated

NikA

Buckeye
Is this what you're looking for: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/464671/aimtech-1-piece-weaver-style-base-ruger-mark-i-mark-ii-matte

I think they're out of production but pop up on classifieds and eBay occasionally.
ETA: Seems like Brownells actually has this model in stock.

mikewriter

Blackhawk
I am currently using the Weigand mount that replaces the factory rear sight. It requires no drilling, and has a lower profiles than most of the other "no gun smithing" types.

Mike

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Maybe I'm in the minority here but what is wrong with drilling and tapping a MkII in order to use either the factory base and rings or a Weaver style base?

Sure you alter the gun from it's original state but Ruger eventually started D&Ting them and I wouldn't consider one worth less if it was drilled right and with the factory hole spacings. I've tried various mounts over the years and my opinion anymore is to just drill em and be done with it.

yessir, that is one of the "better" things with the MK II's...just drill and tap using the Ruger ,factory 'pattern' of three holes, so any Ruger mount can be used at any time, and in the future NO ONE would be the wiser...have it done the "right way"
otherwise take your chances on ebay,gunshows ,wherever you may come across a 'Mono mount or the Weigand, or what ever was made over the years for any of the Ruger ,22 cal semi auto Mark series guns.....

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
rugerguy said:
yessir, that is one of the "better" things with the MK II's...just drill and tap using the Ruger ,factory 'pattern' of three holes, so any Ruger mount can be used at any time, and in the future NO ONE would be the wiser...have it done the "right way"
otherwise take your chances on ebay,gunshows ,wherever you may come across a 'Mono mount or the Weigand, or what ever was made over the years for any of the Ruger ,22 cal semi auto Mark series guns.....

I couldn't agree more. The no-drill mounts are a compromise that sets the optic, in many cases, way too high, and the optic can run out of elevation adjustment when moving impact down. Another issue to consider is you will need to remove your rear sight to accommodate the attachment block involved with the no-drill/tap mount. Also, if you need to persuade a stubborn bolt stop pin to move down and out of place in the receiver, access will often be blocked with some of those non D/T bases.

As far as no one being the wiser, again, I agree, so long as whoever does the work doesn't come up with a hole pattern that doesn't match the same set-up that Ruger provides on those receivers factory drilled and tapped. And, if you're very fortunate, you can also get a "custom" base that fits between the rear adjustable sight and the receiver/barrel junction. That way, if you'd like to remove the optic and use the factory irons, you can do that and then return the optics base and not lose zero. GEEZ! What a deal. The setup as depicted was done on a Ruger Mark II, and the custom base made by Sarona Gun Works LLC.

steamloco76

Single-Sixer
Weigand mount. I've had two different scopes and a red dot on this gun/mount combination with no issues zeroing the optics.
MKII-SS-Leupold.jpg

Latest posts