Fiber-optic sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Can someone tell me if there is a 'fiber-optic' replacement blade available for my new Ruger Bisley Blackhawk .45Colt? (It's the Williams Shooting Sports distributor version; don't know if that makes any difference). I've got one on my FA .41Mag and switch off between the original blued sight and the fiber-optic; liking them both. THANKS, J.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Contender, I checked it out and found that it, apparently, is set-up (height wise) for calibers OTHER than the .45 Colt. Even checked Brownels "RB 2008) and they gave the cal. info as: "44 and 357". I sent HiViz an email to see if there is any more info available. Many thanks for the input, J
From Hi Viz site: "Fits the stainless steel Blackhawk, super Blackhawk and Bisley models, with pinned front sights, except for the .45 colt caliber. (Replaces RB2008-r-g)"

Out of stock
SKU: RBLW01

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Johnnu2 said:
Contender, I checked it out and found that it, apparently, is set-up (height wise) for calibers OTHER than the .45 Colt. Even checked Brownels "RB 2008) and they gave the cal. info as: "44 and 357". I sent HiViz an email to see if there is any more info available. Many thanks for the input, J
From Hi Viz site: "Fits the stainless steel Blackhawk, super Blackhawk and Bisley models, with pinned front sights, except for the .45 colt caliber. (Replaces RB2008-r-g)"

Out of stock
SKU: RBLW01
Makes no sense to me. If the sight will work with the 44mag it should work with the 45colt. The only exception I can think of is if it is a very short barrel and needs a taller front sight and even then it would be very close. :D

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I have a couple of them,,, new on package, and I also have a 45 Colt Convertible,,, 5-1/2" bbl, (Williams one) that I can personally check.
I'll get back to you.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Here is the response to my email to HiViz:
"The blade for the 45 is taller than the blade we make for the other calibers, we do not make a sight for the 45 at this time.

Trevor Young
Production Manager
HIVIZ Shooting Systems"

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, they are correct.
I measured my "Williams" 45 Colt,, and the front sight height is .483. The Hi-Viz only measures .350. Not enough. Sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

Johnnu2

Hunter
THAT is quite a difference in height. Appreciate you taking the time to measure Contender. J

contender

Ruger Guru
No problem.
Of course,, you could always get a Hi-Viz,, and shoot a lighter & faster bullet,,,,! :D

(But I doubt it'd be enough!)

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Seriously? I don't shoot any 45colt guns but a 240gr bullet in a 44mag isn't much different than a 250gr bullet in a 45colt and with handloading they can both be launched at the same FPS without any problem and often are, so why the big different in sight height? :D