Cannelure tool for jacketed bullets

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've seen a few different types of tools for putting a cannelure on jacketed bullets and wondered if anyone here has had any experience using more than one type and can suggest one. I'm leaning toward the Corbin lower-end model because their powered model is just really expensive. I have about (roughly) 1200-1300 0.4515" 185gr JHP bullets that I'd like to put a cannelure on. I recall years ago when I got a case trimmer for uniform if my brass, I quickly found out which models work and which ones worked better, faster, and with better ergonomics (kind of like how a press might use a round handle for comfort when loading hundreds of rounds at a time). Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

ptypegreen

Single-Sixer
I have a Corbin manual cannelure tool, works good and is durable. Had a CH4D, it wore out. If I use a Lee factory crimp die, the collet style not the carbide insert version, I don't need cannelure on the bullet.

Thanks for the info. I tried reaching out to Corbin via phone and email, but so far no response.

EDIT: I got an email from Corbin with answers to some questions. I think I'll proceed to buy their HCT-1 model.

jgt

Buckeye
I use C-H myself. Have a spare if it wears out. I only need it for one caliber. The rifle bullets are held in place by the size I make the case neck.