Testing a couple Old Models

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Spent some time at the pistol range again today with a couple of my OM Rugers, one is an early 6.5" flat top 44 & the other is a slicked up Bobby Tyler 41 Shorty that he color cased for me & installed one of 2dogs outstanding front sights.
The 44 has already proven it's self in the field having taken a couple of deer with the same load, 10 grs of Unique & a very fine 243 gr Miha HP. This load runs a bit over 1100 fps. The 41 magnum was shooting one of the all time great 41 loads, 8 grs of Unique & a Miha 210 gr HP clocking a bit over 1000 fps from the OM shorty.
As always I was using the Elmer Keith siting position with a piece of leather between my knees so I don' get an owee! Powder burns hurt! Most times the cylinder is past my knees but there are times when I get careless. The distance I usually shoot is 65 yds, same as me & sheriff Russell Cottle shot a couple of weeks back. First up was the OM 44, the very first shot went a bit high, the next four were pretty decent for old eyes. I painted the steel & shot almost the exact same group, one a tick high & 4 about the size of my palm.
Next up was the OM 41 shorty & this little power house is amazing, great trigger & that 2 dogs front sight, this thing flat shoots. I don't actually think it shoots any better than the 44 flat top but it "see's" better because of that front sight! I wish I had one on it but because I want to leave it original I won't change. The stocks on the 44 are some Silver Maple I made & on the 41 it's some fancy Walnut I was going to throw away because it had a big hole right through the middle, I decided to repair them.

i04Cq0wh.jpg

sovhOtth.jpg

uSPzmtWh.jpg

kyFC7SXh.jpg

AMV26aqh.jpg

aRXx3kdh.jpg

CSfBqaUh.jpg

aKmZ5Izh.jpg

Dick

contender

Ruger Guru
Keep showing pics of the 41 & I'll have to come back out there & talk you out of it!!!!

:D :D :D

Seriously,, nice guns & as always,, fun to see what you post!