Testing Aguila Interceptors

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Still testing my new GSG 1911 22, the owner's manual says it is made for High Velocity ammo. I decided to shoot some CCI Mini Mags, rated at 1250 fps, CCI Blazer at the same, and some Aguila Interceptors at 1450 fps.

The first thing I noticed was the difference in the report. Aguila was definitely loader but was very consistent and worked the slide the best. No problems in 50 rounds.

Blazers and Mini Mags were as consistent in functioning the gun but I could tell they didn't have the ump of the Interceptors.

My goal was to help break in the new pistol and using the Interceptors helped as does running 500 rounds of Mini Mags to settle the gun in.

Accuracy out of my pistol was better with the Interceptors than I thought it would be which was a big surprise. Blazers normally work best in all of my .22s. If I ever decide to carry a .22 for personal defense I'm sure I will stoke my gun with the Aguila fare.

Personally, I'm not sure you're gaining anything by the use of the "hotter" ammo. If the gun is functioning properly with common HV ammo, that's all you need for "break-in". More than that is just beating on the springs and stops unnecessarily.