Cabelas vs. Walmart .22's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
I was at Cabela' in Ct. and saw some HUGE prices but the one that got me was for 500 Thunderbolts (.22LR) for $25 + tax. On the way home, I stopped off at a Super Walmart and got them for $18 (and at another more local Walmart, I had bought 500 for $14 and change). Wassup big C ????? Are they preparing for yet another fake 'shortage' :)))))
J.

tunnug

Single-Sixer
Wally's around here are selling Federal 550's for 19.00, down from 29 after obamy (when they had them).

Chief 101

Hunter
Cabela's was competitive until they sold out to bassproshop...at least around here. They started as an asset in this valley, now just another sore thumb...
I find other gun stores less expensive than wallmart, expecially with 22lr ammo

Cabelas has great selection and many quality products. As far as prices go you can by an equal product most anywhere for less! Not knocking them just a fact! they are not cheap. Bass pro was never cheap either. ps

I seldom buy ammo (especially 22lr) OTC. I know what I want and buy in bulk delivered to my door for less than local & don't pay exorbitant local sales tax. Any of the "city sales tax" I pay isn't going to benefit me since I don't live in their city limits.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
When you just need to get a brick or two it may be worth it to buy where you are at. I only buy on line these days. I also look for sales when there is no charge for shipping. I stock up a case at a time. But if I just want to test a box or two I'll buy from my local store rarely using Cabela's or Walmart.

RSIno1

Hunter
Big 5 here in SoCal had the 500 Thunderbolts for $13.50 a box last weekend - limit 2. Even with the added 5 minutes and $1 for a background check I bought, Then went back the next day and bought 2 more. I wonder how quick the grandson can burn through them in his OM Bearcat.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Cabela's and Bass Pro have turned into nothing more than a showroom to go look at the things in person you will order online elsewhere when you get home. They have been that way for years.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
RSIno1 said:
Big 5 here in SoCal had the 500 Thunderbolts for $13.50 a box last weekend - limit 2. Even with the added 5 minutes and $1 for a background check I bought, Then went back the next day and bought 2 more. I wonder how quick the grandson can burn through them in his OM Bearcat.

I knew about the background check at the counter, but does the law permit you to transfer ammo to your grandson without another check? If not, and you do, could you be prosecuted for a straw purchase?

Suppose you die, and your heirs want to get rid of your stash of ammo. Can they legally resell it at a yard or estate sale?

Latest posts