327 Commercially Cast Bullets

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hole Shooter

Single-Sixer
Can anyone recommend a good Commercially cast bullet for the Single Seven 327? I have tried both Missouri Bullet Co. and Acme bullets for their 100 grain RNFP coated bullets and both are a little long for the short cylinder Single Seven. I can make them work but I have to crimp forward of the crimp groove. Otherwise the bullet would be too long for the Single Seven. Thanks!!

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
Too bad you don't live next door to me. I sold my Single 7 and have 2300 of MBC's 78 gr. HiTek bullets ( cowboy #18 ) that I want to sell along with 500 NEW Starline cases still in the bag and more stuff as well. The 78gr. works well.

contender

Ruger Guru
Quite often,, crimping over the front driving band can actually give you excellent results. David Bradshaw has a LOT of experience in this & I'd refer to him for more details.

Hole Shooter

Single-Sixer
Contender, I think you may have just solved my problem. Thank you, sir! Actually, I didn't know that I could crimp over the front driving band. After a little research I see that several people have had good success doing just that. Many thanks to you!!
HS

contender

Ruger Guru
Hey,, we do try hard to help when we can.
I have not tried it enough to where I could give solid first hand info,, but I have followed some of the best (David) and how their success has proven quite good.
Since I cast,, and study as much as I can,, and always striving for the best accuracy I can get,, I always use an open mind about new ideas. Just like powder coating bullets,, I tried it,, and found it to be an excellent coating.
So,, give it a try,, and if the results work,, then yes,, the problem is solved!