PRODUCT REVIEW

Help Support Ruger Forum:

J. R. WEEMS

Single-Sixer
Always looking to improve, update or streamline my reloading. May not be new to some, but I ran across a new to me, Lyman product: a CASE air DRYER: was looking at this on MIDAY and then it went on sale for less than $40.00-- how could I go wrong? Got one in and even at full price after testing mine out I am quite happy with it. There are others on the market to be sure, and most on Amazon are priced much higher, any brand. The lyman is SIMPLE, and does the job. 5 different trays in case you dont want to mix calibers, such as 38 S&W and 44 mag and it works great. Returned from the range yesterday, cleaned my brass after depriming spread out on towel and patted dry somewhat and into the dryer. Set it for two hours and went about other business around town. returned to DRY brass, inside and out -- I have a REAL winner here. Also will dry gun parts if needed :)

Sure beats waiting a couple days for brass to air dry-- and I would and never have used Mama's oven. :)

grobin

Blackhawk
I agree that for wet cleaning a case drier is great-if not strictly necessary. I have two dehydrators one $7 from a yard sale and the other $15 from GoodWill. Both looked almost new. A lot easier than an old hair drier!

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice review. And yes,, they work.

But I too started long ago using a food dehydrator. Works the same way. And as noted,, cheaper if you bargain shop in places like yard sales, Goodwill, thrift stores etc.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
I just use a pillow case , or towel, with a hair drier, takes just a couple minutes, just shake them while blowing into the cloth. Works great.

Latest posts