Hornady critical defense .22 Mg. ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I read an article in American Handgunner about North American arms tip-up .22 Mg. handgun and in the article it mentioned that .22 Mg ammo was available that is developed specifically for handguns. I bought some of the Hornady Critical defense 45 gr. ammo and today went to the range and shot 18 rounds over a Pact model 1 Chronograph. It came out about 100 fps faster than Winchester's 45 gr. dynapoint ammo, and it grouped better too.

Have any of you guys tried this ammo? 8)

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
5of7 said:
I read an article in American Handgunner about North American arms tip-up .22 Mg. handgun and in the article it mentioned that .22 Mg ammo was available that is developed specifically for handguns. I bought some of the Hornady Critical defense 45 gr. ammo and today went to the range and shot 18 rounds over a Pact model 1 Chronograph. It came out about 100 fps faster than Winchester's 45 gr. dynapoint ammo, and it grouped better too.

Have any of you guys tried this ammo? 8)

I've been using it in both my LCR and in my Winchester for about 3 years. I like it. It's my standard load for my LCR summer carry, and around the farm (mixed with a couple rat shot rounds for copperheads).

grobin

Blackhawk
Thanks! After posting i found a local source at Ranch Supply. Going to give it a try and see how it compared to CCI.