Reloading 7.62x54R

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anyone reload the 7.62x54R with the copper colored cases (headstamp says LVE 11 762x54R)? If you do I have probably 60 cases. If someone wants them for the price of shipping ($7.50), I'll give them to you as I have no need for them. First "I'll take them" gets them. I'll even toss in 50-60 5.56mm steel cased empties.

Enigma

Hunter
A very generous offer. I know of people who have reloaded the steel case 5.56mm empties, but haven't heard of anyone reloading the X54R. I wish that affordable X54R brass was more commonly encountered. Lapua is great brass, but difficult to justify for a range toy.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Enigma said:
A very generous offer. I know of people who have reloaded the steel case 5.56mm empties, but haven't heard of anyone reloading the X54R. I wish that affordable X54R brass was more commonly encountered. Lapua is great brass, but difficult to justify for a range toy.

Hi,

Gotta keep your eyes open cuz it doesn't stay on the shelf very long, but Graf's has kept me in PRVI brass for the 7.52x54R for several years, at a reasonable price. I know nothing of the OPs cases, but suspect possible Berdan priming. That takes it off my wish list.

Rick C

Enigma

Hunter
Yeah, I am aware of the Privi and Norma brass. I don't really need any right at the moment - not doing any reloading (or shooting) at this time, unfortunately. The locals kind of frown on it.

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
I shoot this cartridge in my Model 95 Winchester and Encore single shot and have had no problems buying quality brass.
A great cartridge