New powder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
Shooters World powder has been available from www.powdervalleyinc.com for close to ten years, maybe longer. I have never bought nor used any of it so I don't know how it performs, or for that matter where to get loading data for it.

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
I just spent 30 minutes looking at the Shooters World web site - the reloading section - not impressed. It may be a good product, but in my (non-professional) opinion, they need someone else to proofread their posted data descriptions. They seem to have a propensity to confuse the terms "grams" and "grains" quite often. Then again, I ain't no rocket scientist myself ....

jd

mikld

Blackhawk
I downloaded the manual for future reference, and it is different. We are used to seeing all powders and bullets for one caliber listed together. The Shooter's World manual lists load data by powder, with calibers listed together. I missed the problems mentioned by Mr. Surveyor, I was prolly looking somewhere else...

Some research showed the Shooter's World powder is made by Explosa/Lovex, a Czechoslovakian explosives manufacturer. http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2015/09/powder-valley-now-carries-czech-made-shooters-world-powders/