Reloading press owners, a good product,,,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I recently purchased a product, that for me, deserves an OUTSTANDING shout out for quality AND service.
So much so, that I placed another order for 2 more of them, to fit my other Dillons.

KMS Squared is the company.
https://kmssquared.com

I purchased a reloading press light kit for my Dillon 650. I got the complete kit to start with, and then ordered (2) extension kits to fit my other 650 & my 550. (Unfortunately, my SDB is built differently enough that they do not offer a light kit for that one.)

The quality, the customer service, (David was great,) AND the fact they are a small, veteran owned business, made me decide to try their light kit. When I got my first kit, I installed it, and WOW,, the light is great, illuminating all of my shellplate area.
The extension kits are cheaper, and once you have one kit with the power switch & all, you don't need another one. Just unplug the cable, and plug it into the other light. Of course, that's if you have more than one progressive press.
Now, mine are all Dillon, but they make these lights for other presses as well.

So, if you decide you want to add a light to your progressive press,,,, and haven't already tried one,, I can't say enough good about these lights.
Fast shipping too! I ordered my extension kits on the morning of the 19th, and received them in the mail on the 21st.

contender

Ruger Guru
The problem with the SDB,, is that the toolhead and the shell holder almost touch each other to where there is no clearance between them to allow for the light to be installed. I too was trying to see if a different light could be adapted,, but since the light is directed downward, It's be hard to do. I took the time to study my SDB,, and saw the SMALL gap when the ram is raised. No space for a light.

But,, they are GREAT on the other presses.

Mus408

Hunter
Yes...a friend sent me a link about that light kit and like you say it is really a slick setup!
Will be on my list of little things to help with loading!

Tyrone, Ordered and got one for my RL550C two weeks ago and installed it last week - what a difference! And I see that they make them for a pretty good variety of presses also. I'll probably order one for my Lyman Crusher press the end of the month (have to see how much money I have after the FoNRA banquet :D )

contender

Ruger Guru
Gee Ron,, just buy the light w/o the control. I'm sure Jackie will allow you that purchase. :D :D

Seriously, those lights amazed me. Makes a big difference.

KLNC

Single-Sixer
Ordered one of these based on the recommendations and am very pleased. A big difference and no more reaching for the flashlight. They now ship a version 2 for the Dillon 550 which makes the installation even easier than version 1, at least it seems so after seeing the version 1 instructions and video they have online. Easy installation--just follow the prep instructions.

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
After your post about getting yours installed I checked out their website. Found they had a kit to fit my Loadmaster, ordered and installed it. Best purchase I've made in a long time. Really lights things up, very easy to check the powder in a case before seating seating a bullet.
Thank you Tyrone.

Dana