Powder for 45 colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
I've had good luck with titegroup in my 45colt, especially at upper end loads in the lyman, and lee manuals, by the way the lee manual has alot of loads of many bullet wieghts, it has become my favorite

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
I am sick of the argument about safe loads and whether or not there is published data to back them up. I have seen guns nearly destroyed by newbie loaders that use the upper end of supposedly SAAMI safe loading data. I take all data, whether from on-line users or data manual sources with a grain of salt. Sometimes I start in the middle and sometimes I start at the low end, and if I know the nature of the firearm I am seeking a new load for sometimes I will start at a heavier charge. I consider all load data to be a suggestion rather than a stone tablet written by the hand of God. BTW, I have seen a few errors in published reloading manuals that were so far off and over safe they would have blown any Ruger to pieces.

mikld

Blackhawk
Yes, it's a silly argument, where to put the blame for questionable/dangerous loads posted in a forum by an anonymous forum; the idiot that posts them or the fool that uses them...

grobin

Blackhawk
Posit that I am responsible for my actions-otherwise I should be institutionalized-then if I act foolishly in following anyone's suggestions (take any suggestions without testing them) it's my fault.