9mm and 380 brass

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
I have accumulated a few lbs of brass in each of theses calibers. I dont reload either. How much are they worth? Planning on selling them in the classified section but have no idea of value. Thanks for the input.

grobin

Blackhawk
Midway has new starline 9mm for 0.13 ea q100. Browels has once fired @ 0.10 q1000 and SIG for 0.17 q100. Id consider 0.05 including shipping.

Enigma

Hunter
The .380 brass will probably sell easier than the 9mm. You can very nearly buy 9mm FMJ ammo for less than you can load it for, and many don't bother loading for it.

NikA

Buckeye
American Reloading will sell me 2500 9mm for 80$ and 1000 .380 for 40$, both with shipping included. I'd price accordingly, neither caliber is particularly worth reloading for at this time given the cost of components vs. loaded ammunition.

mikld

Blackhawk
Unfortunately there's not a big market for once fired 9mm brass. I often come back from the range with way more 9mm cases than I fired. When I bought some, I looked at Once Fired Brass company and got cleaned inspected brass for about $6.00-$7.00 per 250 count bag...

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Thanks for the input! I think I'll just tuck them away for now unless someone local needs them. Doesn't seem to be worth the bother or cost to ship them at this time.

wobbly34b

Bearcat
Add in back of the current American Rifleman

cash for your spent brass

capitalcartridge.com

small volumes welcome

Bob

My reply is the same as above. Every time I go to the range, I bring back way more 9mm than I shoot. I have about 4 gallons of deprimed and cleaned 9mm.

I'm saving the 9mm for now but recycle other calibers which I don't reload.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Guys at my range grab pails of brass and steel casings and run them up to the scrap metal yard...Then they buy new guns with the proceeds.... I haven't tried it because I'm too lazy, so, I can't tell you what they get per pound.
J

Dakota Dan

Bearcat
I will occasionally pickup whatever brass is lying around on the shooting range. Another shooter said he did so and would take it to a recycling business and use the money to buy ammunition. I did this intermittently last year and would dump the brass cases into plastic coffee cans. Late last year I had about six containers full and took them to a local recycler. 42 lbs at $1/lb. So $42 went into my Ruger Single Six fund!

grobin

Blackhawk
I got off of 'once fired' and range brass as inspecting it was too much trouble. But selling it to a recycler makes sense. One club I belong to always has a bunch of brass laying around, the other one polices the brass and resells it as does the indoor range. Last weekend there were 4 AR guys shooting. They went through several thousand rounds, didn't pick up any of it. I cleaned up the pistol area and their leftovers. Got a large contractors bag about 1/2 full. This gadget https://www.midwayusa.com/product/5...oll-cage-separator-aluminum makes pickup easy.