found some more range brass

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Weird, I went to the range today. As always, I bend over to pick up range brass. Right up by the targets, probably 7 yards back, I found some Starline 44 S&W Special Not many, just 3 of them. I just thought it was strange to find revolver brass so close to the targets.

Well, they are good and heavy for the recycle bucket at least. I went from 41 magnum to 45 Colt and skipped over anything 44.

And PLEASE! Don't suggest any new guns... :D The recycle bucket is almost full and I'm saving up for a new Blue reloading press.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'd say to save that brass,, and sell it to a reloader instead of for scrap. Not enough odd calibers of empty brass out there as it is. Scrap is cheaper than what you can get from a reloader.

woodperson

Single-Sixer
Funny you should post this. Right after I read it I went shooting and there were 40 or so .38 special cases lying right under the shooting bench.

tinman

Buckeye
It would appear that whoever dropped those empties was practicing real-world scenarios. In training, we begin at the 3 ft line and move back from there. Inside 21 feet is the distance that most defensive shootings actually occur. :idea: