Harbor Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

grobin

Blackhawk
A friend has one and it's similar to the 2.5L one I got from Amazon for $80. If you have a coupon the harbor freight is cheaper. I also have a 4L one that ran $340. The 4L one is faster and can be used with some solvents e.g. kerosene. They all do about the same job. Decapping the brass will lead to better cleaning faster. So far both the Amazon and Harbor freight seem to be holding up fine. So far the two cheap ones are about the same, the 4L one is better but IMHO not ~$300 better. Using solvents helps with some things but not generally with brass. If you are primarily cleaning gun components then the larger cleaner that can use solvents is worth more, but most gun parts can be cleaned without solvents, just takes longer.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
I have the harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner, the tank heater works great , I'm very pleased with it, I think you will be too, it's basically the same as the lyman version, but a much better price, and you can always buy the warranty, and exchange it for a new one within a year.

recumbent

Buckeye
I received a 25% off HF coupon so I bought the cleaner yesterday.
I have a 1911 barrel with compensator. The comp gets lead in it and I could never get it all out. Using water, simple green and a few drops of dawn soap I ran it with heat on the longest setting.
After 3 cycles it comp is clean and looks like new.
I did buy the 2 year warranty too.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
You made a good choice, really can't go wrong with the price, I have used mine on lots of brass, and my reloading dies, does a great job, and I also like to run 3 cycles. Wish they made an electronic powder measure

recumbent

Buckeye
pleadthe2nd said:
You made a good choice, really can't go wrong with the price, I have used mine on lots of brass, and my reloading dies, does a great job, and I also like to run 3 cycles. Wish they made an electronic powder measure
What solution do you use for cleaning brass??

Latest posts