Bullets for 327 Federal Magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hole Shooter

Single-Sixer
Just bought a Ruger Single Seven 5.5" and I am looking for a good cast bullet to load. I would like to push it around 1100--1200 fps. Any and all recommendations are very much appreciated! Oh one more thing--has anyone had any experience with Acme coated bullets? Thanks,
hs

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
I use Missouri Bullet Co. #18 coated cowboy. They are fine with me. I have used MBC #13 cowboy in my 44s for years, good bullets and a great company.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Acme coated in my opinion are great I have them in 327,45,and 44 good bullets at a good price.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Hole Shooter, Missouri Bullet Co. will give you a discount if you mention the article on this company that was in "Handloader Magazine" earlier this year. I live 45 mins away. Last time I was there, I asked about a discount for the reloaders on this forum.

contender

Ruger Guru
I cast my own. There are a lot of ground squirrels in ground squirrel heaven from Idaho a few years back that found out the hard way to NOT let me & my 327 see them.
I have a couple of Miha's molds for mine.

Hole Shooter

Single-Sixer
Thanks everybody for your thoughts. I really appreciate you taking the time to post and help me out here. In the past I have loaded mostly jacketed pistol bullets but I want to try my hand at cast bullets now. I think for the velocity I am looking for (1000+fps) I will give Acme bullets a try. I previously bought some MBC #6 for cowboy velocities but I haven't loaded any yet. Hope to get on those soon. Again, thanks for your help!
hs

I buy powder coated bullets from SNS casting in Illinois. I've found their bullets to be pretty consistent, very consistent actually. And their prices seem reasonable.

But I enjoy the 327. It's probably my favorite caliber mostly because of accuracy.

Hole Shooter

Single-Sixer
Thanks, Kevin. I appreciate the info. I will remember that next time I order bullets. Glad to know that you really like the 327. This is my first time to own one. Heck, this is my first time to even hold one!

akbluz

Blackhawk
Here's another vote for ACME powder coated cast bullets. I've been using them in several calibers for the last couple of years and have found them to be of very good quality and consistency. I found their price to be competitive and shipping to Alaska isn't as bad as some companies. Plus they come in a cool wooden box.

Prescut

Single-Sixer
My testing has just started.

I was a little disappointed in the Acme accuracy. The kewl wooden case was nice and the bullets looked good. My first attempt was close to the 327, except it was the 32-20 in my new Ruger Buckeye. I used 4227 and got 1330fps. I was a little disappointed to see mostly 1.5" groups at 25 yards bench rested. I can get an inch or better in my other calibers.

I'm trying GT and Cast Bullets now looking for better accuracy.

Prescut

GooseGestapo

Bearcat
Lee 113gr FNGC. 10.0gr #2400.
My go-to load for the .327.
Stout enough for any use. Not too much for small game.
Remarkably accurate.

Loaded Acme Hi-Tek coated .313 RNFP for .327 as I'm always looking for lead bullet loads for .327's. FYI they are too long for Single-7's (Tried in two different ones) but are OK in LCR and SP-101, knid of surprised me. Stuffed them with 4.4 gr Titegroup. Haven't shot them yet as it is too cold outside (that's why I'm reloading today). Oregon Trail 115 gr RNFP fit in all 4 of my .327's.