Redding Big Boss

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TRanger

Blackhawk
After losing much of my personal property, I have been re-acquiring some things the last couple of years. Needing a new reloading press, I did a lot of research and liked the looks, reputation, and reviews of the Redding products. Just ordered a new Redding Big Boss this morning and looking forward to getting it set up. It ought to handle any handloading job I'm likely to require from here on out if it's as good as other owners say.

Enigma

Hunter
Good luck with your new Redding! I share your hurt over losing personal property. All of my reloading gear (and much else) was submerged under water during Hurricane Harvey, and I won't know what can be salvaged until I return to the States in a couple of years. A very kind gentleman on another forum volunteered to clean up the reloading gear for me, so I have hopes in that area, anyway. I hope I won't have to replace my presses, dies, and powder measures, at least.

mikld

Blackhawk
I had one a Redding Boss several years ago and it was an excellent press (I sold it and all my other reloading stuff during a messy divorce). If I were in the market for a good single stage the Redding Big Boss would be really close to the top of the list (I now have a Co-Ax that is the best press I've ever used).

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I've never used the Redding press, but do own an RCBS Rock Chucker. Folks who've used both have suggested they're twin brothers of different mothers. In other words, you should be getting a press that will not only do all you need done, and quite well, but will still be ready to do the same for your kids or maybe even grandkids should they wish to reload. (Reports of Rock Chuckers with 250,000 to 500,00 rounds loaded are not exactly rare.) Hope you like it, and we look forward to a "From the bench" report or two when it arrives!

Rick C