Pact scale and or dispencer don't work correctly

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CJP

Bearcat
Pact no longer repairs their own reloading equiptment as they ran out of parts. I'm looking for suggestions on a new 110 powered dispencer and scale.

Twoboxer

Single-Sixer
There seem to be two choices. The RCBS Chargemaster Lite for around $250 (Midway) should perform similar to your old Pact, both the good and the bad.

For truly superior performance, look at the A&D FX120i scale and the AutoTrickler at $729 (https://ce-products.myshopify.com/c...roducts/products/fx-120i-autotrickler-package). The scale is the lowest price digital scale not based on strain gauge technology . . . which means it doesn't flutter, doesn't lose zero, doesn't show various readings in the presence of RF noise. Unlike the Chargemaster or the Pact, it will maintain consistency of loads to within "a kernel" of your target weight.

I've had all 3 . . . Pact, Chargemaster, and AutoTrickler . . . and the AutoTrickler kit is worth the upcharge if it fits your budget.

ETA: The AutoTrickler was invented by a young Canadian competitive shooter to attach to certain "lab grade" digital scales that provided usable serial outputs to drive the trickler logic. The CE store is an offshoot of Cambridge Environmental, a Canadian company that sells a broad range of lab equipment. The sales site was constructed to support the US popularity of this relatively new reloading tool (and to avoid confusion over exchange rates lol).

I have an older Lyman 1200 DPS II and it works great for me (I reload 11 different calibers of handgun and rifle). The Lyman DPS series is now up to Gen 6. You can get the Gen 5 at Midway for $300, the Gen 6 for $235. (Gen 5 has a bunch more features than the Gen 6 but looking at the Gen 6 it would probably fit most reloaders needs).

I want to pass this along, I got this info from RCBS about 3 weeks ago.
My charge master is around 10 years old. Several weeks ago the touch pad on the dispenser was not working 100%, some of the keys would not function. A RCBS guy said disconnect the dispenser from the scale and blow computer can air at the connection points. It worked, the touch pad now works 100%.
I do not know if the PACT is connected the same or not and there was no mention of the problem. But, there you go a fix that worked for me and was free.

grobin

Blackhawk
Twoboxer, thanks for the tip on CE products and Cambridge environmental!