New Bullet

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LAH

Buckeye
Going to try the Accurate 45-200E in my 45ACP Blackhawk cylinder. The mould came a week or so ago. I gave it a good scrubbing & run several heat-cool cycles on the stove. Sprayed the top of the mould & both sides the sprue plate with Frankford Arsenal Drop Out. Also coated all the screws with some sprue plate lube.

I placed 8 lb of 92-6-2 & 8 lb of pure lead in the pot & preheated the mould. This mould took a while to throw good bullets. I expect it will settle down after a couple casting sessions. The bullets came in at 205 grains & .455" diameter. Can't wait to try them.

ZK2qrGc.jpg

gvU13uP.jpg

23c25Ci.jpg

4Z3SXdS.jpg

LAH

Buckeye
My cylinder throats are .453 so .452 makes a great slip fit. I also have a Kimber 1911 so not sure about that one yet, it is unfired.

I'll lube Sixshot. Never tried coating, not against it just have plenty of lube.

And Enigma hope to shoot them this week.

LAH

Buckeye
Tied up most the day at the Hospice House. A friend is about ready to step out into eternity. I came home, took a shower & walked downstairs to the shop. Once the Star was warn I ran the bullets through a .452 die. They are ready to load. Maybe tomorrow between Church services.

n0LJqdF.jpg

LAH

Buckeye
Loaded a few today. Here's a 5 minute video. The last few frames aren't real clear, sorry.

https://youtu.be/xYf-jMN77mc

LAH

Buckeye
Chuck 100 yd said:
Crimp over the front driving band ?

I'm only applying enough pressure from the crimp die to remove the bell from the case. The overall length is placing the end of the case in the middle of the front driving band. In my Blackhawk the case headspaces on the case mouth so you can't get carried away with a roll crimp. There's enough case tension the recoil doesn't move the bullet in the case. :D

LAH

Buckeye
Thank you. I plan to iron this bullet out over the next few months.

LAH

Buckeye
A short video of function testing this bullet in a 1911.

https://youtu.be/dgWiYqV3hRo

LAH

Buckeye
The 3 targets below were shot at 23 steps with me leaning against the bed of my pickup using the Blackhawk. As you can see the bullet/load shows promise. The lack of a defined aiming point causes the variation of elevation. [plus shooter ability]

LOLGt1t.jpg

paNQ5P4.jpg

H3L7MoW.jpg

jgt

Buckeye
Lynn, Thank you for taking us along. That bullet looks like it would also work well in a Marlin .45 Colt 1894 lever action, if sized right. I would guess Accurate Bullet Molds will see a sharp uptick in their orders for that mold.

LAH

Buckeye
We know Tom is among the top names in mould business & some of his designs are good as they get so when he lists one as his favorite it behooves us to take note. And thanks for the kind words from all.