Dumb primer question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
No such thing as a dumb question.

However,, you didn't mention what type you need,, and since you don't have a location in your avatar info,, I can't help much.

azleite

Single-Sixer
Contender, Thank's for replying. Yessir, I should've added that info. I'm mostly needing small pistol then small rifle. I'm just West of Ft. Worth, Thanks for any help-Dave

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, if you were near me,, I know of a place that has some Small Pistol, & Large Pistol. But the shop does limit all purchases to no more than 1000 primers per customer. He doesn't have a huge supply,, but is a smaller shop, & his loyal customers are well taken care of.
He even called me yesterday to let me know he got in a Ruger PC 9 Pistol,, in case I was interested.

azleite

Single-Sixer
Thanks Folks, nothing in the DFW area. Nothing on line except in store pickup-in Virginia! Badman has their excellent poly-coat bullets back in stock- gonna order some tonight.

Enigma

Hunter
I spent a few minutes online looking for a few specific reloading components yesterday. You can find some bullets, but not so much brass, if you hunt. Primers? Not so much. There are a (very) few reloading component search engines online.

Good luck in your quest.

azleite

Single-Sixer
Thanks Man, most primers I found available were in CANADA... but not available to us. My bullet source is behind due to the fires in Oregon. I sure wish things would go back to some form of normal

Despite reading accounts on forums, I didn't realize how bad it is. Being well stocked myself and no gun on my need to buy list I haven't been in a gun shop in months. I listed two bricks of LPP on armslist a week ago (for $30.00 a brick) and had a fellow drive 60 miles to get them. Had another man contact me and was considering driving 180 miles (one way) to buy.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Goldstar225 said:
Despite reading accounts on forums, I didn't realize how bad it is. Being well stocked myself and no gun on my need to buy list I haven't been in a gun shop in months. I listed two bricks of LPP on armslist a week ago (for $30.00 a brick) and had a fellow drive 60 miles to get them. Had another man contact me and was considering driving 180 miles (one way) to buy.

I really doubt it's going to "get better" anytime soon. Too many reasons for people to suck up every freedom seed they can find the instant it's found. A lot of fear has changed peoples priorities lately, and for the foreseeable future. I don't see the demand for arms and ammo ( including reloading supplies), slacking off for at least a year or longer. I've talked with more than one person who is wanting to get into reloading because of this. The trouble is that reloaders are competing with the factories for the same components - guess who's going to win that contest.

Locally, everyone around me has really dialed back their normal shooting to conserve what they have. I haven't fired more 30 rds (total) in the last 4 months, and those only for a new pistol and to check zero on my Henry for deer season.

Letters to Santa this year are going to be all about guns and ammo.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/21/ammunition-sales-surge-139-percent/

azleite

Single-Sixer
Roger that on cutting back on the shooting volume. Been burning up some of the crap rimfire ammo I had stashed (still fun) & gonna pull the old Ruger #3 out and poke along like the old Man I'm getting to be-Dave

I have a nice supply for myself, I didn't even know there was a shortage. I haven't been to a gun store in a while.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday, and they seemed to have a nice selection of rifle ammo, plus some 17 caliber and I think 22 magnums.

Sure. If I see any, I'll buy some extra, then if you want them... I've been meaning to get out more and go to some gun shops. It's been a long time since I've gone to one.

Wow! I just went to my favorite gun store in town, GunMasters in Plano. They are almost wiped out, as in empty. A few stray guns in the cabinet, ZERO primers, ZERO reloading presses. They are a Dillon distributor, and usually have 6 or 8 presses in stock. None. Then I drove to Cabelas. I didn't see any pistol ammunition and they had about 1/3 of the guns they normally carry.

When did all this happen?

Azleite: I have 400 Small Pistol Primers, Winchester. You can have them if you want. I know it isn't much. I'll send you a PM.

chuck

Blackhawk
When the american voters, voted in that black muslin for president 12 years ago I stocked up on all reloading stuff, am sitting pretty.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
I have been able occasionally to pickup LP and 209 . My most reliable primer guys tell me their sources say to not expect any SP or SR for 6 months .

Latest posts