new to me XL750

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've been a single stage reloader for over 50 years, but lately I can't keep enough 32 H&R loaded up, so I bought my first progressive, a Dillon XL 750. Wow! It is a fantastic loader. My plinker load for the 32 H&R is a 78 cast round nose with 3.0 gr of Titegroup. Lots of fun in my LCR. I would like to get a powder checker die, but I'm not sure it will be able to detect the tiny load of 3.0 gr Titegroup? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Congratulations! I've wanted a Dillon for about a year now. But every time I get enough money saved, a new gun I can't live without shows up.

Did you get the optional case feeder? Did you buy it somewhere local to you, or online from Dillon? Apparently they have good customer service, you could always call about the powder check.

Was yours easy to set up? The 750 is supposed to be very similar to the 650 just the primer feeder is different. Although there are probably other smaller differences as well.

When I go buy powder and primers, the gust store here in Dallas is a dealer. They have a nice Dillon display I always drool over.

Are you going to get other calibers for it as well?

Kevin - I did not get the optional case feeder. I bought it from Titan reloading as they had a $60 off at the time. It was easy to set up, but I got the .32 S&W long/ .32 H&R set up. Once I tried to bell a case mouth, I realized it was set up to the .32 S&W. Took me a while and several you tube videos to get it adjusted. I don't know yet about other calibers. I intend to take advantage of the volume of ammo for my LCR shooting practice. I have 3 other .327 revolvers and a Henry. I was amazed that after my initial powder measure adjustment, that subsequent uses kept it right on the money at 3.0 gr. I'm very happy with it.

Shootinfule:
Not sure if you saw the thread a while back here in this section, it's titled "Reloading press owners, a good product." Started by Contender.

Anyway, it's about extra lights you can get for your Dillon. I've seen the lights in action and they do indeed light up the work space nicely.

Yes, I saw Contender's post on the light and promptly ordered one. It is fantastic. Showed it to my buddy who uses a Dillon in his garage and complains about not enough light. He promptly ordered one for his 550. Thanks for your posts. BTW whenever I see a post by Contender, I pay attention.
Thanks again.

Thanks Cholo, I was on my phone and couldn't get the link copied easily. I just ordered one as well.

Somehow it will make it easier to justify buying the press now. :D

shootinfule, thanks for posting how much you like your Dillon.

Edited to Add: after placing the order, 7 minutes later I received an email with a USPS tracking number.

contender

Ruger Guru
Kevin,, get off your duff & order the press. They aren't going down in price! :D

Those lights are excellent,, and I have enjoyed adding them to my Dillons.

I will, I will.... I got the light from KMS, it came about 20 hours from when I ordered it. There website doesn't tell their location, but they are in Frisco, which is actually about 10 miles from where I live. Kind of funny...

I have been cleaning my garage and made some more room out there... And my wife is a rather long, long way from home for another week....hmmmmm.....