Ammo - Shoot 1, buy 2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Following my usual rule of shoot one box, buy 2 to replace it. Last year about this time I had about 60 lbs of assorted ammo. Since then I'm approaching 100lbs on hand. The diet plan is working and is easier to afford month to month, instead of having one giant outlay once a year or so.

Take that Jenny Craig. :lol:

When I find ammo I like, I watch for it to be on sale. If I buy some on sale and find another sale price that's lower, I buy some at that sale also. I'm not at all timid about making sure I have plenty of ammo.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
powder smoke said:
Take up reloading gunny, spend the money on components, then you can
really watch your stash grow. Fun past time too! ps

Too old to start a new hobby. By the time I figured out what I was doing, I'd be too old to do it. :(

mikld

Blackhawk
I have about 12,000 22 lr rounds that I purchased one brick at a time. Whenever I'd go to the local box store I'd pick up one brick and if on sale, maybe two. I did this prior to the last two "shortages" so I always had enough ammo. I did the same with powder and primers, picked up a brick or a pound whenever convenient, I never waited until I ran out or needed some...

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
"Ammo - Shoot 1, buy 2"

Eventually you will reach the point of 'no return' where you will not be able to store or shoot all the ammo you have. That really sounds like heaven doesn't it? :D

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Jimbo357mag said:
"Ammo - Shoot 1, buy 2"

Eventually you will reach the point of 'no return' where you will not be able to store or shoot all the ammo you have. That really sounds like heaven doesn't it? :D

That would largely depend on rate of fire. :wink: :)

mikld

Blackhawk
Hmm. Shoot 20, buy 40. Then shoot 40 buy 80, ad infinitum? My funds would soon run out, but it certainly be fun...

But I haven't purchased a box of factory ammo since 2009 when I bought a gun I had no brass for... :roll:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
mikld said:
Hmm. Shoot 20, buy 40. Then shoot 40 buy 80, ad infinitum? My funds would soon run out, but it certainly be fun...

But I haven't purchased a box of factory ammo since 2009 when I bought a gun I had no brass for... :roll:

I do have a limit. :roll:

I don't have a limit but I do have to be a wee bit realistic.
I haven't loaded a single round for 2 years and most likely won't load much in 2018 due to my shoulder problems. I'm hoping to get back in the game by early 19. Since I stopped loading, I've added 6.5 Grendel, 6.8SPC, and 300AAC. By the end of this year, I should have enough brass for those new acquisitions to work with.