Winchester loading tool

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I found this Winchester loading tool in .32 WCF recently, the patent dates are 1874 and 1882. I got it because I do want to try loading a few rounds for my 1885 Winchester with it. The only thing it doesn't do is bell the case mouths, but so far I found decapping and priming not a problem. Waiting on some cast bullets before I get to try loading and crimping with it.

3U7bvD1.jpg

j6LnZ8f.jpg

gunzo

Hunter
The 1882 Lever Reloading Tool(there are other styles).
I have the set, the tong tool & a Winchester marked single cavity mold which drops a nice looking long flat point @ 115 grns.
Google brings up good info with pics.
Looks like we both need a decapper rod. They seem to be caliber specific, so it may have another function?

mikld

Blackhawk
Very cool tool. I've found that when using "period" tools I feel more "connected" to my task...

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Expanding and belling that thin .32 WCF / .32-20 brass is important to prevent crushing the case when seating the bullet. Maybe that tool does not size down the brass like modern dies do and will work fine. Try it and see.

GP100man

Buckeye
David, the belling / flaring part is the protrusion on the bottom . It`s very slight but there , look at the photo good .

Set the case on a flat surface & bump the tool with ya hand or lightly with mallet.

Sorry for late reply, work too much, shoot too little !!!

GP