240xtp

Help Support Ruger Forum:

terryjulie

Bearcat
Always shot lead, thought I would give these a whirl...both of my SBH(Accusport and a Bisley hunter) have only shot WFN. Anyway, plan on heading for the 1200 fps area, so that impact velocity is in the opening range(900-1200) of this bullet. Powder not the issue(2400, h110, enforcer, unique, 4227), something will group good. My question revolves around the shot. With this bullet, do you get complete penetration? With double lung shots? With scapula shots? Is there any ruined meat with shoulder shots? Limit myself to 50 yards, meaning 60 if I feel frisky! Will be using the Hunter with a 1 moa red dot.3

REB

Single-Sixer
shot a number of white tail with the 240xtp out of my super redhawk out to around 80 yards. They have all been pass through, double lung, both shoulders and quartering shots. a shoulder shot does tear it up pretty good.

I have taken a couple deer, one being a big Illinois buck using the 240 XTP hp's. I load with H-110. Don't have my logs with me, but my load is .5 gr under the max listed load. Complete pass through on all.