Hornady drops .41 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Well, this is a surprise! Hornady has dropped .41 mag from their lineup! Just checked the website and .41 is gone! Both factory ammo and bullets. :shock:

427mach1

Blackhawk
GunnyGene said:
427mach1 said:
Huh? Just checked and I found this:

http://www.hornady.com/store/.410-41-CAL

Yeah, I missed that one. Don't know if it will be around long tho given the relatively low demand.

I just bought 100, I hope that helps!

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
427mach1 said:
GunnyGene said:
427mach1 said:
Huh? Just checked and I found this:

http://www.hornady.com/store/.410-41-CAL

Yeah, I missed that one. Don't know if it will be around long tho given the relatively low demand.

I just bought 100, I hope that helps!

There's other bullet mfgs that are still producing a variety of .41 bullets. From what I was told, Hornady sent out a notice this past summer to retailers that they had stopped production on the .41, so no more .41mag XTP will be forthcoming.

I don't reload, but if I did I'd think about stocking up on bullets and brass. I did order some Underwood xtp ammo today tho just to be on the safe side in case other manufacturers follow Hornady's lead.

Mtneer

Single-Sixer
Hornady dropping they're .41 caliber 210 gr. HP handgun bullet is actually not a big surprise to me. I have Hornady reloading manuals dating back to 1980, and those 210 gr. HPs were the only .41 caliber handgun bullets Hornady ever listed in them. Just like the .41 Magnum itself, which I personally love, Hornady .41 caliber bullets must not have ever been real popular.

contender

Ruger Guru
Hornady makes some excellent bullets,,,, but due to high costs & low demands,,, some things will go by the wayside.
Thank goodness I cast my own,,,,!

sixshot

Buckeye
Its a known fact that the biggest knock on the 41 magnum over the years has been the bullets available are a bit on the light side for most shooters tastes. When you load it with 230 gr-250 gr bullets it becomes a much better cartridge, at least in the eyes of most of us who swear the 41 magnum is a close second to the grand old 44 magnum as a hunting gun.

Dick

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
sixshot said:
Its a known fact that the biggest knock on the 41 magnum over the years has been the bullets available are a bit on the light side for most shooters tastes. When you load it with 230 gr-250 gr bullets it becomes a much better cartridge, at least in the eyes of most of us who swear the 41 magnum is a close second to the grand old 44 magnum as a

Dick

I agree +++++

woodperson

Single-Sixer
Ordered a gew of the XTP bullets "just in case".

Like my .41 Mag. But it seems easier to find bullets and data for light loads in the .44 Mag.

I Agree, Using heavier bullets in the 41 Mag. Turns it into an Awesome Caliber, Personal Favorites are Oregon Trail 265gr Wnfp !!!! And Cast Performance 250gr wnfp !!! Both Gas Checked !!! Perfect for the Hunter Model !!!

427mach1

Blackhawk
I e-mailed Hornady yesterday and asked them if the rumors regarding discontinuing the 41 cal 210 grain XTP bullets were true. This evening I received the following reply:

This is not true. We are still producing the 41 CAL .410 210 GR XTP® (item #41000). We do not have any plans to discontinue this product right now or in the near future.

Thank you,
Hornady Sales Team

stevemb

Hunter
Must be tweeking the line. Don't see the 400gr 475 XTP and the 180 .357 XTP, is "temporarily suspended" !