Hollow base wadcutters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
Load your HB wadcutters seated flush to the case mouth with 2.7 gr of your Bullseye powder and you'll have the perfect target load for revolvers and autoloaders.

cityslicker

Bearcat
Thanks everyone for the replies. It kinda sounds like most any will do. I'm going to try to go to the gun show today and see what I can find. I bought a case of police reloads a while back. 148 gr hbwc and I'm almost out. These are real accurate out of our 38 snubbies.

When shooting PPC years ago, we shot 148 HBWC's with Federal small pistol primers and 2.5 grains of RedDot. Just over 700fps from a 6" barrel and extremely accurate. With the right conditions, at 50 yds, you could actually see the flight of the bullets down range :D

AGE Ranger

Single-Sixer
RoninPA said:
When shooting PPC years ago, we shot 148 HBWC's with Federal small pistol primers and 2.5 grains of RedDot. Just over 700fps from a 6" barrel and extremely accurate. With the right conditions, at 50 yds, you could actually see the flight of the bullets down range :D
Pretty cool when you can see the bullet going down range isn't it? I've seen it a with my Blackhawk and with my 77/22 using sub-sonic with the magnification cranked up.

I perfer Speer HBWCs but they all shoot good.

loaded round

Hunter
Ronin: Just curious, I always found RedDot a very good pistol powder (yes I do know it's a shotgun powder) for target loads, but found it very dirty burning in my Smith 52. Your experience with your pistol?

]When shooting PPC years ago, we shot 148 HBWC's with Federal small pistol primers and 2.5 grains of RedDot. Just over 700fps from a 6" barrel and extremely accurate. With the right conditions, at 50 yds, you could actually see the flight of the bullets down range :D[/quote]

loaded round said:
Ronin: Just curious, I always found RedDot a very good pistol powder (yes I do know it's a shotgun powder) for target loads, but found it very dirty burning in my Smith 52. Your experience with your pistol?

]When shooting PPC years ago, we shot 148 HBWC's with Federal small pistol primers and 2.5 grains of RedDot. Just over 700fps from a 6" barrel and extremely accurate. With the right conditions, at 50 yds, you could actually see the flight of the bullets down range :D
[/quote]

That was the problem with the Red Dot, it was dirty and smoky with those loads. That was about the time that Scots Powder Company came out with their Solo 1000. We tried it and used the same load and got the same accuracy results but boy did it burn a lot cleaner. After that, Solo 1000 was all we used.

loaded round

Hunter
That's why we just stuck with 2.7 gr of Bullseye.

RoninPA said:
loaded round said:

]When shooting PPC years ago, we shot 148 HBWC's with Federal small pistol primers and 2.5 grains of RedDot. Just over 700fps from a 6" barrel and extremely accurate. With the right conditions, at 50 yds, you could actually see the flight of the bullets down range :D

That was the problem with the Red Dot, it was dirty and smoky with those loads. That was about the time that Scots Powder Company came out with their Solo 1000. We tried it and used the same load and got the same accuracy results but boy did it burn a lot cleaner. After that, Solo 1000 was all we used.[/quote]

Latest posts