Cast Perf. 210gr .451

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I just bought a good supply of these (cast performance hard cast heat treated 210gr .451).
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with these bullets? I don't ever remember seeing anything on these. They have to be old.
Any load data would be appreciated. Or any info at all on them.
I'm gonna call CP Monday & see what they say.
I've got H110/296, 2400, Unique, & I just picked up a lb. of HS-6.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
They're definitely quality bullets. I have some from 265gr. up to they're 360gr. in 45. I just couldn't find any info on they're 210gr. And don't ever remember them making a bullet that lite.

Maybe they were an offering for loading in 45 ACP? Do they have a substantial crimp groove? I've not seen any CP bullets that light for 45 Colt either. I do have some other brand lead 230gn RN in .451 for 45 ACP that can also be used in a 45 Colt case if you aren't loading stiff loads

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
They're not here yet but this was the listing.
SOLD 1 partial box of 448 pieces - .45 caliber Cast Performance LBT Heat Treated 210gr FNB .451 Dia - $37.00 Shipped

So I'm thinking what ever they are I got a decent deal.
They won't go to waste. I have a lot of nice looking empty nickle 45acp that want loaded too. They're probably not gas checked.

contender

Ruger Guru
I looked in my odd stash of stuff & didn't find my 45 CP bullets, yet! I did find some of my 41 mag bullets I'd forgotten were in there.

triggerpull

Single-Sixer
greenmtnguy said:
Maybe they were an offering for loading in 45 ACP? Do they have a substantial crimp groove? I've not seen any CP bullets that light for 45 Colt either. I do have some other brand lead 230gn RN in .451 for 45 ACP that can also be used in a 45 Colt case if you aren't loading stiff loads
+1

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
dougader said:
You could just use 45 Colt data for 225 grain bullets by Speer.
Yea I was thinking the same thing. I just loaded some of those up behind 30grs. of h110. Those bullets are discontinued all so. I bought some from a guy online a couple months ago.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Hmm..."heat treated" means high BHN (hard bullets ship better) and a .451" diameter sends up red flags to keep the ChoreBoy handy for .45 LC use IMHO... :?

I KNOW they wouldn't work well in my particular 45 BH. Might be fine for a .45 autoloader though.

Just two centavos...

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Ok here's the deal. I just got off the phone with a guy at Cast Performance and he said they are cast for 45acp. But they aren't old, They're something new CP is getting into casting. He said they've had requests for a 45acp bullet. He also said they will be updating the web page this week. I don't know why they went with 210gr. but it is what it is.
So I guess I bought these for 45acp which is fine with me.
I didn't ask him what they charge for a box of 500 shipped but I'll bet it's more then I paid. I could be wrong though.