RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another yotie gone
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 am 
Hawkeye

Last Thursday I went up to our north farm to look at the soybeans and bring home a fence panel. On the way back I see a coyote walking across the pasture of the widow lady I used to work for so I pulled off the road into an open gate to see if I could get a shot. She tells me every time we talk to "shoot em when I see em" so I drag out the AR and wait. Coyote sticks it's head out from behind a cedar bush 100 yards or so away and at the shot I see a puff of fur. A few seconds later, I see a yotie go tearing out of the ditch 50 yards down the hill but no chance to shoot as there are cows on that side of the ditch(maybe I missed or maybe that one was #2). Either way, I'm not going to walk 100 yards each way across 2 deep ditches and a new 5 wire fence to see if I hit the coyote I shot at so I leave.
Next time I went up the road there were 2 buzzards sitting on fence posts next to where my target yotie was when I shot so I'm calling it a "hit and sink" shot.
Pretty lucky shot considering the small target visible and the shaky support.
We're thinking about hauling out the calls again as the males seem to be working pretty hard to feed Momma and pups at the den and maybe Momma is getting hungry enough take a quick trip for some easy vittles.

Post subject: Re: Another yotie gone
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:51 am 
Hawkeye

Mobuck I am going to change your “hit and sink" shot, to hit and stink shot :P :mrgreen: Good Job!
gramps

Post subject: Re: Another yotie gone
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 pm 
Hawkeye

Yeah, MDC doesn't let us shoot the yoties during part of turkey season so i'd quit carrying anything bigger than a 22 just to prevent temptation from overcoming judgement.