I'm guessing I got caught on spy cam yesterday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Not trespassing, just a geezer lost in the woods.
Backstory: Some of my farm has not been fenced since I was a teenager and maybe not even then. Grandpa ran cattle on it in the 40's but I've never had fence on some of it. Anyhoo, I had some time yesterday and decided to wander around in an attempt to find the property lines. Walking through blown down trees and weeds 8' tall can challenge even the best senses and when I looked up trying to see some sun I saw a ladder stand. OOPS. I did get back on track and finally found an ancient line of posts about where I expected. With a bit of triangulation and guesstimation, I located two more posts. Using these landmarks, I think I'm within 30' of the property line. Next step is to take Son's GPS unit and get a 'lat/long' then transpose that to an overhead map.
In the meantime, if the hunters on the other side of the line have cameras set up(I didn't see any but those things are really hard to spot), I'm on Candid Camera.

I hope we can get back down to that corner this fall and drive a pipe as property marker. I'm letting Grandson do the scouting. He bought a package deal of game cameras and scattered them around the bean fields. I haven't seen the pics but Son says he has some decent bucks and even has video of a bucks fighting.

Well, I got a call from one of the guys from 'Loosy-anna" who hunt that property but it wasn't for the reason I was expecting. Seems they're looking for more land to hunt and having problems with the guy who farms the land they lease to hunt. I can't help them with the hunting spot but we can step in and take over the farming w/o any problem at all.
Going to meet while they're up for MO rifle deer season. Sounded like an OK sort of guy.

CLAYPOOL

Single-Sixer
Get the "ON X"program for your phone. Good to 10 - 15 feet or so... Have Grand son carry post and post drivers, ETC... White schedule 40 - 2" and spray with florescent orange....

A.J.

Single-Sixer
No harm, no foul. If you have decent neighbors, they would be honored that you would see fit to tred on their properties!

I recently repaired a 65 acre fenceline. Along the way I encountered lots of evidence of days long past: whiskey bottles from the 1940's, barbed wire embedded 6" into the trunks of black oaks, cement property markers and ancient steel fence posts.

Latest posts