RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My (our) luck continues
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:35 pm 
Hunter

Jackie and I attended a gun bash yesterday (an organization that I belong to that fights the anti 2A politicians in PA). Lots of great guns and other stuff given away to raise money for our political fights. Well, Jackie won a NY style cheescake door prize (we have won one before and they are FABULOUS).

Night went on, bought some side raffle tickets, didn't win. 3 guns left to be given away on the main ticket and my number was drawn - woohoo! Won a H&K VP9 9mm (Flat Dark Earth, night sights, threaded barrel, 3-15 rnd mags). Now just have to wait for them to ship it to my shop (next week) and I'll transfer it to my personal collection. I have now won at least 1 gun at each of the last 5 bashes (2 per year).

One lovely girl, who I sold tickets to her dad, won 2 guns from the side raffles, a nice Henry Silver Boy rifle in .357 Mag and then a Ruger EC9 in Titianum Cerakote (I helped her pick that one out :D ).

Along with the fun, there was all you could eat carved roast beef, carved ham, roasted potatoes, bacon mac and cheese, baked ziti, green beans, salads and a tremendous dessert bar with individual cheescakes (about 2" dia and made by the same place that made the door prizes). To wash it down was a all you could drink beer wagon, soda and bottled water.

We also gave away, (free tickets to military vets and LEO's (past and present)) a Henry Military tribute 22 (vets) and a S&W M&P 15 ,223 (LEOs).

All in all a long day (site is about 3 hours from my place so it's about a 15-16 hour day) but a great day. Raised a lot of money to help us fight the anti gun politicians and I can say we do more to fight them here in PA than the NRA does. And we have great people and win a lot of the battles.

NRA Benefactor

Last edited by RoninPA on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:02 pm 
Hawkeye

Yay! The last two I have gone to(FONRA), I have won nothing! In spite of loading up the baskets of guns I really wanted. I have won a picture frame, gun safe(single handgun), and a floor auction ( but I paid extra for it! A smallish cavalry sword). Good job, Ron!
gramps

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:32 pm 
Hawkeye

Ron, you are one lucky son of a gun. I've been to 5 bashes, I believe I won, one gun, and it was a Savage 22 mag. Traded it for a gift card at Sportsmans.

Nice of you to help the young lady out with her choices. For the money I really like the EC9's. That Henry Silver Boy, is nothing to sneeze at either. Glad to hear you are fighting the good fight.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:59 pm 
Ruger Guru

Congrats Ron & Jackie!

Folks,, by attending,, AND buying tickets,, you can actually have MUCH better odds than ANY lottery out there!
I buy a lot of tickets at our FoNRA events we attend,, and I too often win "something!" Ya gotta play to win!

" A fine is a tax for doing wrong,
and a tax is a fine for doing
right! "
NRA Instructor
USPSA shooter
SASS shooter (Outlaw Joe Wales)
NRA Women On Target Instructor
NC Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Wildlife Control
Scuba Instructor
Eagle Scout, BSA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 am 
Single-Sixer

If I won one I would donate it back to the cause. After all that's what the whole deal is about raising money.