RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:23 am 
Hawkeye

Captain America wrote:
mohavesam wrote:
Apple has already admitted to employees listening to conversations and taking myriad data from iPhones. Why own one?

You sound like Sheila Jackson Lee describing an AR15...

I fail to see your humor. I'm not quite that FAT. :wink: Apple is only one company. I'm sure they track me and my spending and my movements quite well without me paying them to do it! To each her own!

PC = Political Submission

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:52 am 
Buckeye

mohavesam wrote:
Captain America wrote:
mohavesam wrote:
Apple has already admitted to employees listening to conversations and taking myriad data from iPhones. Why own one?

You sound like Sheila Jackson Lee describing an AR15...

I fail to see your humor. I'm not quite that FAT. :wink: Apple is only one company. I'm sure they track me and my spending and my movements quite well without me paying them to do it! To each her own!

I'm sure you're also much better looking too :D. There's a ton of misinformation out there but as far as phones go Apple is as close as you can get to having a private device. If you turn location services off and don't use any Google products they really don keep anything but you lose functionality of your phone.

"I buy guns to shoot and not to fondle and admire" RugerForum Member 5of7

NRA Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:10 am 
Hunter

About apple my first was a iPhone 4 now I have a 6 plus and have never had an issue also have an iPad and a Apple Watch all work well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:02 am 
Single-Sixer

vito wrote:
When I want to go to my bank website I always have done so using my cellular connection if I am not home, so that I am not entering sensitive data on an open WiFi system. While on a long road trip (I am almost done) this was working fine, since the wifi I normally had access to at the RV parks that I was stopped at were never secure. But then I got notice of the latest update for IPhones and IPads from Apple, and went ahead and downloaded and installed the update as I always do, and my wife did the same. Ever since we are having a really hard time ever connecting to the Internet unless we use wifi, which usually is not secure. Even with a signal from Verizon showing on my phone of 4 bars LTE I still can’t get internet sites to open when using the phone’s cellular data connection. Is it just us, or are others having this same problem?

No problem connecting to internet via LTE. I am annoyed that I keep getting a request to Finnish setting up Apple Pay despite repeatedly opting to set it up in wallet later.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:19 am 
Buckeye

Bud0505 wrote:
vito wrote:
When I want to go to my bank website I always have done so using my cellular connection if I am not home, so that I am not entering sensitive data on an open WiFi system. While on a long road trip (I am almost done) this was working fine, since the wifi I normally had access to at the RV parks that I was stopped at were never secure. But then I got notice of the latest update for IPhones and IPads from Apple, and went ahead and downloaded and installed the update as I always do, and my wife did the same. Ever since we are having a really hard time ever connecting to the Internet unless we use wifi, which usually is not secure. Even with a signal from Verizon showing on my phone of 4 bars LTE I still can’t get internet sites to open when using the phone’s cellular data connection. Is it just us, or are others having this same problem?

No problem connecting to internet via LTE. I am annoyed that I keep getting a request to Finnish setting up Apple Pay despite repeatedly opting to set it up in wallet later.

Hit finish setting up in settings, hit continue in wallet until it asks for a credit card. At that point just close the wallet app and the notification will be gone.

"I buy guns to shoot and not to fondle and admire" RugerForum Member 5of7

NRA Member