RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:38 pm 
Hawkeye

Taterman wrote:
Cool info Rick. Do you have any pics of the lantern?

Hi,

I don't have any pictures of my own, Taterman, but if you go to this page, there are some from a gentleman's collection. http://www.oldcolemanparts.com/museum/m ... .php#220b2

Mine's not marked with a model number I can find, and there were lots of frankenlantern variants thru the '30s, so the guys on the forums stay busy trying to figure when theirs were made--Coleman dated all their lanterns, but the date codes weren't standardized for several years, causing much confusion--I'm not sure if mine's Sept '38 or Aug '39, so I go with the latter which seems to be the safe bet--and what they were. Mine looks most like the 220B, 2nd type, on the left. The second lantern down on the left (220) is about five or six years older, and the closest in condition to mine.

All of them with the nickel/chrome founts are very similar, though some in the pictures appear to be restored. Mine's "as is" found in a thrift shoppe somewhere! It's obviously used, but not dinged or dented enough to indicate a whole lot of use. I like to think Grandpa and Grandma might have used it a few times on car camping trips before the War, then it went into the attic until they were gone, where someone found and donated it.

Rick C

"If you bought only one (gun) through an FFL, the .gov knows you have it. And you can rest assured by my iron clad guarantee that the .gov will not come for it." --Le provocateur formerly known as CDFingers

It would seem that iron is rusting through...

Last edited by Rick Courtright on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm 
Hunter

Very nice. The chrome looks cool on it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:10 pm 
Hunter

I have and use a 15 gal U.S. Army Wearever cook pot dated 1941 and a Volrath canteen and nesting cup dated 1943, if that counts.