RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:17 pm 
Hawkeye

My wife, Nita, had a catalog from Haband and found some shoes she wanted to order. Now Nita just does not like to talk on the telephone, so she asked me to place the order for her. Gladly, was my response. So, I noted all the pertinent information, got my credit card ready, and dialed the 800 number.

O.K. so I told the voice I wanted to place an order. Couldn't talk to me, he said, had to speak to my wife. Nita was given the third degree and really had a most difficult understanding all the questions, not because she is slow or hard of hearing. I finally got the telephone back and finally just asked, "Do you want to take my order or not?"

I'm sorry, but I was getting a mite irritated. I order things, charge them to my credit card and receive them in a few days. Not so with this person! Finally he gets my order, then has the audacity to offer us a leopard print something for $19.99!

Finally I'm told our order will be received within "six to eight days after it leaves the warehouse."

"And when will that be?" I asked.

"From six to eight days," I was told.

Bob Wright

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:59 pm 
Hawkeye

It’s funny you couldn’t place the order and he had to speak to Nita.

My parents being older have troubles like this when they order things online or over the phone. It really makes me wonder if the system is rigged somehow. Either in favor of,... well I don’t know what exactly.

In your case it’s a pair of shoes, beyond size and color what else could there be?

I will only buy shoes from Zappos, a long time ago they won me over with their customer service, some woman was especially nice to me. That’s what it comes down too, making online ordering personable.

Did you talk to someone else after the sales guy at this company?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:03 pm 
Hunter

If that had been me, as soon as he said he needed to talk to the wife I would have asked him why and if he didn't give a VERY good reason I would have cut him off at the knees and asked to speak to a supervisor. If he didn't pass me to a supervisor I would have hung up and then called back to see if I got a different person. If the same happened I'd tell them that I guess you don't want my money and see what they say. I have very little patience with people who give me a hard time when I'm trying to buy something from them.

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:25 pm 
Buckeye

My wife called about a bill that is in my name. The rep said they would have to get my permission to talk to her. She handed me the phone and I was asked if they could talk to her about my bill. Yes, I replied. How do they know it’s ME giving permission. For all they know it might be the milkman.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:21 pm 
Hawkeye

Acorn wrote:
My wife called about a bill that is in my name. The rep said they would have to get my permission to talk to her. She handed me the phone and I was asked if they could talk to her about my bill. Yes, I replied. How do they know it’s ME giving permission. For all they know it might be the milkman.

Well, for one thing, milkmen don't make home deliveries anymore.

Bob Wright

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:30 pm 
Hawkeye

Acorn wrote:

I have had the same thing happen. When the wife had completed whatever it was we had called about, I had her ask the person on the other end how they knew I was who I said I was. She had no answer.

NRA
Ruger Owners & Collectors Society
Maryland Shall Issue

No matter what life throws at you, NEVER ring the bell.
"Do or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:31 pm 
Hawkeye

I have a standing policy. If I owe money to someone, and someone else calls on my behalf to pay the bill, they are to accept any money proffered!!! :mrgreen:

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:12 am 
Buckeye

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
I have a standing policy. If I owe money to someone, and someone else calls on my behalf to pay the bill, they are to accept any money proffered!!! :mrgreen:

Exactly. I was at the local bank to make a deposit to our checking account about a week ago. I was using a check drawn on another bank, with our names on the account. The check was made out to the account number we wanted the deposit to go to, the way they have always told us to do. Teller chick insisted on seeing my photo ID before accepting the deposit. I showed her my driver license, but asked her to make a note that anyone who wants to DEPOSIT money in my account was welcome to do so, even without photo ID, as far as I was concerned. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:21 am 
Hunter

arfmel wrote:
Bear Paw Jack wrote:

Exactly. I was at the local bank to make a deposit to our checking account about a week ago. I was using a check drawn on another bank, with our names on the account. The check was made out to the account number we wanted the deposit to go to, the way they have always told us to do. Teller chick insisted on seeing my photo ID before accepting the deposit. I showed her my driver license, but asked her to make a note that anyone who wants to DEPOSIT money in my account was welcome to do so, even without photo ID, as far as I was concerned. :D

Banking laws have changed. We are no longer "allowed" to directly deposit money into bank accounts that don't belong to us. It has to do with illegal money laundering, or so I was told. :roll:

#Iwillnotcomplyfu

They want to "have a conversation". I want to grease the guillotine.

If you don't turn in your guns, they can't make you ride in the cattle cars.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:29 am 
Hawkeye

I'm sure there's some exemption for politicians. They seem to think they can do what ever they want with our money, or political campaign funds. Rules apparently don't apply to them.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:07 am 
Buckeye

“Banking laws have changed. We are no longer "allowed" to directly deposit money into bank accounts that don't belong to us. It has to do with illegal money laundering, or so I was told. :roll:

I’m curious as to the source of that information. It doesn’t seem to be confirmed by my research on the internet.

Bank tellers are pretty unreliable as sources of legal advice. At least the ones I have dealt with. The young lady who I dealt with in my attempt to deposit our check into our own account contradicted the instructions we have received from her employer in the very recent past. I think she was confused.