RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:19 pm 
Hawkeye

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not much of a veggie eater at all. It's an embarrassment at times, but it is what it is.

Nothing embarrassing about that. Some of us, me included, are highly carnivorous critters. Vegetables other than potatoes are just dressing on the main course.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:38 pm 
Hawkeye

Only way I can eat it is if its sliced thin, breaded with egg and cornmeal and fried. Even then a race for the last piece won't include me :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:56 pm 
Hawkeye

eveled wrote:
Someone told me when they lived in Florida if you went to the strip mall this time of year you had to lock your car or someone would give you a Zuchini!

I grew up calling them Italian Squash by the way. I’ve never planted any, but have always had plenty. Easy to grow and there’s always someone giving it away.

Hi,

We always had zucchini in my Mom's little postage stamp sized garden. Watching the stuff grow like crazy and trying to give some to a neighbor who was trying to give us some in return, made it easier to understand a variant of eveled's experience that went around for a while:

Q: How can you tell a person's really unpopular?

A: He has to grow his own zucchini.

Personally, I can take it or leave it. But I notice each year it becomes more popular in local restaurants, even some fast food places. So a lot of people really like it!

Rick C

"If you bought only one (gun) through an FFL, the .gov knows you have it. And you can rest assured by my iron clad guarantee that the .gov will not come for it." --Le provocateur formerly known as CDFingers

It would seem that iron is rusting through...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:59 pm 
Hunter

Lol!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:55 pm 
Bearcat

My Father's wedding gift to my Mother ~1940 was a lifetime subscription to Reader's Digest, so I grew up reading “Life In These United States.” I remember one from the 1960's, a denizen of New York City had a neighbor that moved to a small town when they began to have children. One fall she finally came to visit and enjoy the “small town, bucolic, crime free” area. They went to town to shop and she noticed her friend rolled up the car window and locked the doors.
“Why did you do that if you don't have any crime here?”
“If you don't, when you come back your back seat will be filled with zucchini.”
Fifty+ years, it still rings true and cracks me up.

Sad NRA Patron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:12 pm 
Hawkeye

:lol: :lol: Good one!

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:02 am 
Hawkeye

slice-pan fry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:38 pm 
Hawkeye

Hi,

Anybody ever try to pickle them? There are lots of recipes online, but I've never seen any in person.

Rick C

"If you bought only one (gun) through an FFL, the .gov knows you have it. And you can rest assured by my iron clad guarantee that the .gov will not come for it." --Le provocateur formerly known as CDFingers

It would seem that iron is rusting through...