RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:49 pm 
Buckeye

If it were mine I would put it up for sale with all the details including the name of the company who made it and it is being sold as is because the company who made it are not willing to fix the problem.

Unknown.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:49 pm 
Hunter

Has anyone brought a new barrel into the question? Something seems fishy!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:28 pm 
Hunter

It might make a nice over the fireplace hanger. Especially if the crack is in the metal and not just a cosmetic defect in the finish.
I can’t see how getting a lawyer involved would be worth it. Probably time to cut your losses if the company won’t step up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:51 pm 
Ruger Guru

Duhh! I saw the circled area,, and didn't realize that was the crack area. Plain as day now!

" A fine is a tax for doing wrong,
and a tax is a fine for doing
right! "
NRA Instructor
USPSA shooter
SASS shooter (Outlaw Joe Wales)
NRA Women On Target Instructor
NC Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Wildlife Control
Scuba Instructor
Eagle Scout, BSA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:38 pm 
Bearcat

kmoore wrote:
I guess I was not the only person not seeing a crack in the photo. Sounds like it's on the barrel not receiver.
The Last good Fight, Any reason you will not describe the crack as to exactly were in is it the photo?
In the end it does not matter but, you brought it up. It would be nice if we understood what your talking about.
My opinion, if they will not take care of the problem the way you want, your in for a lengthy and costly battle. If it had blown up and someone was hurt, lawyers would be sending you letters to help you. Now your fighting over a gun that is worth what? several hundred bucks. In this state that is 1 hour attorney costs. You legal battle will be thousands. I would work on a value of the cracked shotgun and get a check, forget the company and any other of their products. Move on, there are many good shotguns on the market and companies who stand behind their products. You talking to their legal team is a dead end. If your unbelieving in my opinion. Make an appointment with a lawyer.
Edit: I found the circled area on the barrel. Sure looks like a crack, if its more than just the blueing being cracked. I would not feel it safe to shoot.

You are right about the attorneys, or course. In my mind I had distinguished between simply chatting with their legal department and actual litigation, but once again, my naivete.
Perhaps I should have specified about the crack being at the base of the barrel instead of the breech. Pardon my error. I would note that the circled area is actually a heat ring, and not a highlight at all, which makes the area all the more concerning.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:39 pm 
Bearcat

BearBio wrote:

I had requested a new barrel. I was told that this model is no longer manufactured, and spare parts cannot be rounded up to replace the affected area. But, they were very clear that if they had an extra barrel available, they would surely have replaced it for me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:43 pm 
Hunter

TheLasGoodFight wrote:
BearBio wrote:

I had requested a new barrel. I was told that this model is no longer manufactured, and spare parts cannot be rounded up to replace the affected area. But, they were very clear that if they had an extra barrel available, they would surely have replaced it for me.

If that model is no longer available, ask them to replace it with a like model, or a firearm of comparable value of your choice. There are also other options short of legal action. Contact the state attorney general's office in their state; their local Better Business Bureau. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:47 pm 
Buckeye

Small claims court. You may have to start with the dealer (unless Cimmaron is in your state) who sold you the gun. Problem is he will just say not my fault the company I represent inspected the gun and said there is no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:14 am 
Hawkeye

Lesson to be learned here is Buy American made products.
Made in China does nothing for me! They couldn't care less.
As far as Cimarron goes they are on my Never Buy List now! ps

Guns have only two enemies; Rust & Politicians