RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:05 pm 
Hawkeye

I have a friend who bought a clean appearing Ruger Mini-14. It's a 182 prefix. He didn't notice the rear sight was missing. Just something one wouldn't expect. He needs the sight assembly and elevation screw. Seems I recall different places that specialize in older gun parts but can't think of the name. Anyone have any ideas or parts?

WELFARE WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A CAREER OPPORTUNITY
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." —

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:17 pm 
Buckeye

Look in the smithing section there is a sticky

Gramps

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:34 pm 
Hawkeye

Thanks, Gramps, I hadn't seen that. I'm hoping someone here has some parts. That's not something most people have though.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." —

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm 

Gunpartscorp.com is Numrich.

Enter "mini 14 rear sight" in the search box ..... returns 60 hits.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:12 pm 
Hawkeye

Looks like he found something he was happy with through https://www.tech-sights.com/mini-products/
Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:11 am 
Hawkeye

Good job! What a support group 8) ( a bunch of enablers I tell you)! :shock: :mrgreen:
gramps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 am 
Hawkeye

ebay???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:53 am 
Hunter

I have all the parts including the full assembly's. I was a law enforcement armorer for mini 14s. If he hasnt already replaced it with the aftermarket parts PM me and I will send out a kit with whatever you need free, including the pages from the armorers manual. I did the same for another member a couple years ago. We got that one back to factory spec.I'll need to confirm you have the regular click adjustable Mini-14 sight not the flip up Ranch rifle sight and if its Stainless or blued. Let me know and I'll put the package together and ship it to you free. Glad to help out and get another Ruger Shooting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:56 am 
Blackhawk

Location: MINNESOTA - 6 months winter and 6 months rough sleddin'
protoolman wrote:
I have all the parts including the full assembly's. I was a law enforcement armorer for mini 14s. If he hasnt already replaced it with the aftermarket parts PM me and I will send out a kit with whatever you need free, including the pages from the armorers manual. I did the same for another member a couple years ago. We got that one back to factory spec.I'll need to confirm you have the regular click adjustable Mini-14 sight not the flip up Ranch rifle sight and if its Stainless or blued. Let me know and I'll put the package together and ship it to you free. Glad to help out and get another Ruger Shooting.

WOW! Now THIS is why I keep coming back to RugerForum. It's all about the great folks here. Thank you all, for all you do to keep this place the best on the net!

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:43 am 
Hawkeye

Very kind protoolman . I’ll contact him today. Not sure how it misspelled your name. so badly.

I also sent you a pm.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:08 pm 
Hunter

I'm glad to be able to help. I've had parts sent to me by forum members twice when I was in a bind. The support here is so awesome. Glad I can reciprocate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:01 am 
Buckeye

Good on you, protoolman. That's the best kind of karma. BPJ, you've been so helpful to so many members here, over the years, and it's really nice to see a kindness returned to you. God Bless you both, guys!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:04 am 
Blackhawk

I’ve been known to buy 3 or 4 of the items Ruger quit making/supporting. If it’s an item I like. The Service/Speed/Security Six series comes to mind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:34 am 

Couple of years back a member here sold me a box of miscellaneous Six Series parts ...... screws and widgets and buttons and knobs, :D etc. They're all clean and good and neatly packaged in little labeled zip lock bags and in a plastic case.

I didn't need any of them at the moment and not sure I've used one yet but ..... I had the money and some day somebody might have a need.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 pm 
Hunter

Lots of parts cheap for six series revolvers on e-bay these days. I suspect they're destroyed police evidence guns that get parted out. This is a good time to get them while you can.