RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:06 am 
Hawkeye

Rick wrote: “Counting on my fingers and toes, it's gotta be at least 40“. Oh my Rick! You concealed it well that time we met in Moreno Valley! ( just teasing) :P
I moved a trailer on my farm in the early 90’s. We have a well, so the mechanical dishwasher has been changed x 3(broke now, and not replacing. Refrig x 1, freezer x 1, washer/dryer changed x 1, well pump x3, pressure tank x 3, HVAC x 1. Wow, living gets expensive!
gramps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 am 
Single-Sixer

I've got an old electric fan (very heavy) . Says property of the U.S. government. Issue 1948. Works like a champ.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:49 am 
Buckeye

59 fridigaire 2 oven stove........

http://www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am 
Buckeye

my 85 coldpoint dehumidifier just quit today! dead compressor.
mase in Chicago ill...sears. usa!
34 years used every year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 am 
Buckeye

my dads 74 fedders window ac still works. ugly as all get-go, but its blowing cold.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:39 pm 
Single-Sixer

GE knows all about it, they just don't want you to talk about it!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:55 pm 
Buckeye

I’ve got one of the old Sunbeam automatic toasters that you put the bread in and it goes down automatically. I remember my parents having one when I was a kid 60 odd years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:24 pm 
Hunter

Maytag used to have its commercials with the Maytag Man as " the loneliest guy in town!" because their appliances were so well built and reliable. When was the last time you saw something like that ?
Then then was the neighborhood "fixit man." Recall one from the town where my aunt and uncle lived. Older man, his garage/workshop fronted on the street.
Came home one summer night a few years ago, the PRC made GE A/C in my bedroom was kaput. I ran it about 300 days. On the other hand I paid only $20.00 at a yard sale.
All this modern stuff is pressed and stamped together, so forget about trying to disassemble it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:47 pm 
Single-Sixer

My mom and dad bought a Frigidaire refrigerator just like the one in the photo below the year they got married 71 years ago in 1948. My dad gave the old refrigerator away just before he died 4 years ago to a friend of his and it was still running then.

And it was still as white as the day they bought it because it had a porcelain finish instead of paint.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05 am 
Hawkeye

gramps wrote:
Rick wrote: “Counting on my fingers and toes, it's gotta be at least 40“. Oh my Rick! You concealed it well that time we met in Moreno Valley! ( just teasing) :P

Hi,

In my own defense, gramps, I had to go around twice!

Rick C

"If you bought only one (gun) through an FFL, the .gov knows you have it. And you can rest assured by my iron clad guarantee that the .gov will not come for it." --Le provocateur formerly known as CDFingers

It would seem that iron is rusting through...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:28 am 
Hunter

When my dad passed on we donated to a Veterans' Organization his refrigerator (about 30 years old) and his washer and dryer (about 35 years old) because they were all still in good shape and operating properly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:31 pm 
Buckeye

I still have the solar powered clothes dryer (no brand name on it) that was here at the house before I was born, still works like a charm!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:24 pm 
Hawkeye

Hi,

My old, and admittedly getting rickety, Maytag washer got new water feed hoses last night. They hadn't been touched in the 30+ years since I got it used, and it was easily ten years old then. One had developed a pinhole leak at the fitting after the plumbers replaced the leaky valves at the wall recently. If not for that disturbance, the leak probably wouldn't have started. Getting them out in the light, they were a matched pair and said "Maytag" down the sides... I'm guessing that means they were originals. Now I understand the recommendation for replacement's about five years. Some difference!

Rick C

"If you bought only one (gun) through an FFL, the .gov knows you have it. And you can rest assured by my iron clad guarantee that the .gov will not come for it." --Le provocateur formerly known as CDFingers

It would seem that iron is rusting through...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:21 pm 
Hunter

In addition to our 34 year old clothes dryer, previously mentioned, the clothes washer is 22 years old.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:36 pm 
Hawkeye

mishtub wrote:
I still have the solar powered clothes dryer (no brand name on it) that was here at the house before I was born, still works like a charm!

I couldn't find clothesline poles when I moved here, had to make my own. Kinda hard to "go Green" when the products aren't available.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next