RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:50 pm 
Hawkeye

Heliman wrote:
blume357 wrote:
blume357 wrote:
I'm one of those 'girly boys' who likes 9mm, if for no other reason it is cheaper to shoot.

On the way home from church I dropped by a gun and knife show and picked up 2,000 rounds of 9mm. I forgot how much an ammo can packed full with 9mm actually weights let alone two of them....
1/4 mile walk back to the car so I could save $5.....96 degrees.

Man, don’t over stress that ticker! :)

Yeah! I mean couldn’t your wife have carried them? :shock: :mrgreen: Just kidding!
gramps

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:14 pm 
Hawkeye

Come on, a true gentleman would only have her carry one.

Last edited by caryc on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:43 pm 
Hawkeye

Per trip.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:49 pm 
Hawkeye

At the moment I'm down to only one center fire pistol, the S&W Shield .380EZ. I really like this little mouse gun (not all that little) it's easy to rack, even I can do it with two fingers, it shoots very well I can put a full magazine into a paper plate at 25yds thanks to its slightly larger size than my LC9 pro was.

I'll probably have another Ruger center fire pistol before too long though, perhaps a revolver this time. I haven't had one of those for quire a few years. And I wouldn't have to rack it either. I'm still a certified Ruger fan with two Ruger rifles and a Ruger .22 target pistol.

If Ruger would make some "old people" easy to rack pistols I'd sure like another 9mm and a .40cal.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:16 am 
Hawkeye

Heliman wrote:
blume357 wrote:
blume357 wrote:
I'm one of those 'girly boys' who likes 9mm, if for no other reason it is cheaper to shoot.

On the way home from church I dropped by a gun and knife show and picked up 2,000 rounds of 9mm. I forgot how much an ammo can packed full with 9mm actually weights let alone two of them....
1/4 mile walk back to the car so I could save $5.....96 degrees.

Man, don’t over stress that ticker! :)

Went back for a check up last week and once again they decided I was doing so good they would increase my medication.... new dose is making me feel a little 'different'. No so sure about it and may have to cut back.....
On the walk with the ammo I had to stop in the shade twice and take a breather.... but I made it back to the car. No wife.... no way she would go with me. I went in to buy a thousand rounds from Georgia Arms. They have factory reloads and get their brass from military bases... walked the whole gun show twice and could not find their booth and so stopped at another one and was thinking about buying some from the guy there and asked him if Georgia Arms was at the show and he said he was pretty sure they were, he'd seen folks carrying bags and such with their logo on it..... for that information I felt like I should buy some ammo from him. So, then I decided to leave and on the way out... there was the Georgia Arms booth.... 1000 rounds for $197 including sales tax. Looks like I'll be good to go in October when I show up at the East Coast Ruger Forum Gathering... and could probably even share a little if anybody else brings their 'girly 9mm'.

CSIA #599 DCS

"Don't ever think the reason I'm peaceful
is because I don't know how to be violent."

"I'd rather Die while I'm Living than live while I'm Dead"... Jimmy Buffet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:30 pm 
Hunter

I found 9MM fairly easy to reload, getting accuracy with lead bullets somewhat tricky due to the wide variations in lands and grooves between the different manufacturers.