RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:32 pm 
Hunter

I hated it when they snuck in single ply toilet paper and I started having surprise failures.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:22 pm 
Hawkeye

Nobody has mentioned the small cans of soda pop in the drink aisle. They must be just 6 ounces. Last time I was in that aisle of the grocery store, I don't think I saw any 12 ounce cans.

But I actually like the small cans. I know Diet Coke isn't good for you, but I do like it from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:40 pm 
Hunter

Kevin wrote:
Nobody has mentioned the small cans of soda pop in the drink aisle. They must be just 6 ounces. Last time I was in that aisle of the grocery store, I don't think I saw any 12 ounce cans.

But I actually like the small cans. I know Diet Coke isn't good for you, but I do like it from time to time.

That's actually just coming around full circle. Pop used to come in 7oz bottles. (yes pop, not soda or coke. :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:14 am 
Bearcat

Dan in MI wrote:
Kevin wrote:

That's actually just coming around full circle. Pop used to come in 7oz bottles. (yes pop, not soda or coke. :mrgreen: )

You must be really old :lol:, I'm a great grandfather and the smallest I remember is 10oz.
The real name is Soda Pop, most people in the North call it pop, in the south it's soda (coke), I don't remember what they call it in the East or West.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:17 am 
Hawkeye

bearman49709 wrote:
Dan in MI wrote:
Kevin wrote:

You must be really old :lol:, I'm a great grandfather and the smallest I remember is 10oz.
The real name is Soda Pop, most people in the North call it pop, in the south it's soda (coke), I don't remember what they call it in the East or West.

It was soda in Hew Jersey where I was born, then we moved to Calif where it is soda pop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:12 pm 
Hawkeye

Simple answer which someone has probably already noted... use less materials and charge the same price....

Oh and the 'New Coke' fiasco was all planned out.. it was how they changed from using regular sugar to hightructose corn syrup so that no one would notice.....

CSIA #599 DCS

"Don't ever think the reason I'm peaceful
is because I don't know how to be violent."

"I'd rather Die while I'm Living than live while I'm Dead"... Jimmy Buffet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm 
Hunter

It's kind of like the reduced sugar juices - all they did was cut it 50/50 with water, and viola! 50% less sugar! And 100% more profit...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:27 pm 
Hunter

Tenbore wrote:
Less product for the same or more $. Marketing has to come up with a way to sell it to the consumer as "new and improved". Just plain greed is what it is.

Exactly! Hershey sells more than $500 million worth of Reese's annually. Reese's cups come in a two pack that's 1.5 oz, or .75 oz for each cup. Let's say they are shaving 0.25 oz off of each one or a 0.5 oz off each package, or 33% off each one. I don't know what it costs them to make a Reese's cup but if they can cut their expenses 33% how much more of that $500 million goes in their bank account?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:18 pm 
Hawkeye

Nickel candy bars, dime comic books, nineteen cent hamburgers. All gone. Thanks to the government devaluing our money. Print more, inflation goes up. Heck, when I was in tech school we could get a Coke, hamburger and fries for 60 cents.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member