RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 am 
Hawkeye

This comment was made concerning one of my misplaced posts:

You see this sort of posting in other forums with the older folks who like to ramble on about the past.

Ramble on about the past? I've had a memorable past. I was raised in a Christian home where my Dad earned the living, and my Mother kept house, put meals on the table, and was there for us. I graduated from a high school where fundamentals of learning were taught, and got a better education than many college graduates have today. I served three years as an Infantry soldier in the Army. I crossed the Pacific on a troop ship. I froze on the DMZ in Korea and looked eye-ball to eye-ball with North Korean soldiers. I've ridden on fancy streamliner trains and flown on propeller type airplanes, and on modern jets. I've been in forty-six of the fifty States, seen the Grand Canyon, Old Faithful and Deadhorse Point. Seen the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.

I married twice, raised three daughters and made a home for all of us. I've had a heart valve replaced, cancer twice, and hernia surgery three times. I've rounded up horses, and ridden trails in Texas and Arizona. Crossed the Rio Grand in a row boat. Hunted the woods of Tennessee and fields of Ohio. Addressed a government agency to enter a plea for handgun hunting. I've shot some 250,000 rounds of ammunition through my handguns.

I give an award to young kids at my church, and have taught my Sunday School class on numerous occasions.

I've made memories over the years, and I'm going to share them as long as some one will listen. Maybe some one will benefit from the hearing of my experience.

Old? As my Dad used to say, "I'm not old, just been here a long time."

Bob Wright

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:21 am 
Hunter

I for one am glad to have you here and enjoy your posts. You set an example of how a man of faith should live.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:17 pm 
Hawkeye

Daddy and I were visiting the graves of some deceased relatives and one grave was marked 1900-1999. I remarked "That was a long time" Daddy said, "Don't look at the numbers, look at the dash between them. That's when the person lived!!" So tell your stories, Bob, you've lived, thus far, an amazing "dash"!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:08 pm 
Blackhawk

I've had a good life.......
You need to change the title of your thread to.......I have a good life.....
Sounds like you were writing your own obituary!
Oh BTW ,you've still got 4 states and a few oceans to go!
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:32 pm 
Hawkeye

Bob, You could have been a professional writer, your posts are that good. Please keep them coming.

John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:03 pm 
Hawkeye

Bob, I am another who enjoys your posts a lot even when I don't have much if anything to add!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:15 pm 
Hawkeye

Yep, hang tight Bob, it ain’t over till the fat lady sings? :shock: :mrgreen:
gramps

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:37 pm 
Blackhawk

I too have always enjoyed your posts, so please keep ‘em coming!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:46 am 
Single-Sixer

Great post Bob. I agree I have been soooo blessed. I'm 70 and consider myself very fortunate to have live when I lived. Where I lived (America). The parents I had . The incredible wife I married. All are gifts from God.